To The Girl Who Hates Her Own Reflection

It is beauty and not an ounce less.

30
Lordanis Keramidas / Flickr

To the girl who hates what she sees when she looks in the mirror,

Man, I wish I could be your mirror. I wish I could show you just how beautiful you are. I wish I could take every insecurity away. I wish I could show that each scar, each flaw, and each mistake are loved by someone so much greater than you.

I know that most have read the verse, Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Have you ever really thought about that? YOU are HIS work. His work as in, the God who created the heavens and the earth, yeah He made you. He not only made you, it states in Genesis 1:27 that He created you in His own image. As in, the image of GOD.

He wants you to be His bride and He knows how much you are worth. Never settle for someone who thinks your worth is little or nothing. Never let yourself stoop so low that you think no one could love you, because I would love to show you someone who adores you. Girl, you are flawless in the eyes of your maker.

Now, this applies to a lot of aspects of women's lives. Meaning that if you call someone else ugly or make fun a certain part of their body, you are in a way making fun of the image of Christ. This applies to the girl in the mirror as well. Next time you make a remark about a flaw on your body, remember that God created you in His image. An image that is perfect, holy. flawless, and beautiful.

This is an image that you can get. This is an image that you can own and wear proud so easily. It is a gift that overflows into joy because happiness can not be contained inside of you. I pray that each girl finds the confidence she needs because you truly are beautiful and I wish I could tell each of you that to your face.