To The Empowering Women In My Life

To The Empowering Women In My Life

Thank you for inspiring me.

65
To The Empowering Women In My Life

March 8 was International Women's Day. Every day should be a day in respecting women and appreciating all the amazing, powerful things we do. However, that isn't always the case. So in honor of celebrating women, I thought I'd write a little thank you to the bad ass, empowering women in my life. Primarily, my mom.

I grew up with two sisters and my parents. Never once while growing up, did I realize people had such stereotypes of women or treated them the way they do, because my mother was such an empowering and independent women. Even though my parents have been married for nearly 26 years, my mom has always been an independent and strong woman.

My whole life, my mom always told me and my sisters to never rely on a man. Never let a man lay a finger on you. Never let a man treat you badly. She always pushed us to be independent, chase our dreams and be our own woman.

My mom has worked so hard in her life. She has shown me to always work hard. Growing up, I don't think I ever realized women were expected to stay home with their children and not go to work. My mom proved to me that women can have it all and do whatever they want to. My mom raised three kids and worked every day. Yes, she had my father to help her. But even if she didn't she knew she was strong and could do it on her own, if she ever had to.

I'm so thankful I was raised to always know I was important as a woman. I'm also very thankful I grew up with such an amazing and important role model who showed me what a strong woman is.

Thank you, Mom. Thank you to all the empowering, strong women in the world. Thank you for proving to me and the entire world that we can do anything. For proving men and society wrong and showing them that we can achieve our goals and dreams, while raising a family or doing anything else we damn well, please.

If you're reading this, go tell the women in your life thank you for being so amazing. Also, don't just thank them and show them appreciation on International Women's Day. Show them every day they are equal. Make them feel valued. Make them feel worthy. It's 2018 and it is time for women to feel it.

If you're a woman reading this, never forget your worth. Remember you are bad ass and completely capable of achieving everything and anything you want. Never let anyone tell you can't because you're a woman. Don't let anyone make you feel less than them or less than a man, because of your gender. Being every successful woman is herself. You are amazing. You can do this.

Thank you, Mom for empowering me to be a strong woman and believing in others.