a prayer for my niece

To Ophelia Rose,

I haven't met you yet, but I already know you are destined for amazing and astonishing things. I know you will bring joy and happiness to this world and that your parents both love you so very much. I love you more than you already know and perhaps this is because you are the child of my only brother. The blood that runs through your veins also runs through mine; this means that, whether you like it or not, we will always share a special connection.

Ophelia, I have prayed for you every day.

I pray that you never lose sight of how worthy you are and that you never give up on your dreams.

I pray you never stop smiling and if you do, that your tears are quickly met with laughter.

I have asked the Lord to make you sure you know you are never alone. You have two amazing parents who love you very much and an aunt who would give up her life for you.

I pray that you never let your heart become clouded with the mean words of others and that your soul is filled with laughter, love, warmth, and happiness. I hope that you always let God's light shine through you and that you never lose sight of what's important.

I pray that you learn to love and love hard and that no boy, bully, or situation will ever change that.

I pray you learn the value of friendship and the value of forgiveness because everyone deserves a second chance.

I pray that you possess the confidence that I never had.

I pray that you find your passion and never give it up, that you are hardworking, honest, and kind.

I asked the Lord to give you the desires of kindness, peace, and love and that he strays you away from greed, jealousy, and envy.

I pray you learn to enjoy the little things like the warmth of the sunshine, the smell of fresh cut grass, the embrace of a hug, and the feeling of laughter.

I pray you are more steadfast and open than I ever was. I want you to learn that life is supposed to be fun, do not stress about the things that you cannot control.

I pray that you are never afraid to run and stand up for what is right. I pray you are true to yourself and never question your purpose.

I pray you have your mother's heart and your father's determination.

I Pray for constant protection over you and your parents.

And lastly, I pray you never forget how much you mean to me. Never forget how much I love you.

I cannot wait to meet you, Ophelia Rose.