To My Beloved Heating Pad

To my beloved heating pad,

Nothing can ever do what you have done for me. You have been there on my good days and my bad.

You have been there when my feet are cold at night and need more than a fuzzy pair of socks to warm them up. You have been there when my period cramps can't be soothed by painkillers and need a little warmth. You have been there on the nights when my insomnia is running rampant and I need an extra push to tire me out. When my neck is strained from sleeping on it wrong, you are there to wrap around my shoulders and ease the pain.

You are one of the things in life that comforts me the most. I don't even need to be in pain and you are there to accompany me and make my bed warm and cozy when I want to sit and binge Netflix or work or read with a warm cup of tea on my lap.

I feel sorry for those who don't have one of you because you are honestly one of the best inventions in the world. You are one of my most prized possessions and I will curse the day that you lose your power.

But luckily, there are many more of you. And while I may miss you, my pained back will always remember the warmth and happiness you gave it.