To Me It Is The Happiest Place On Earth

To Me It Is The Happiest Place On Earth

“You can design and create and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” – Walt Disney

31
To Me It Is The Happiest Place On Earth
Tumblr

It's been just about over a year since my last trip to Walt Disney World, and lately I cannot stop thinking about eventually going back.

Walt Disney World is a theme park based in Orlando, Florida. The park is the result of mastermind Walt Disney after his success in California. See, even though Disneyland in Anaheim was such a success if you have ever been there then you know it's cramped with the city surrounding all sides of the park. So Walt Disney flew over Florida and saw this great land with a special opportunity. They bought tons of land under false companies to create enough room for expansion years to come. This way when people showed up to the park they weren't turned off by numerous gas stations and billboard signs. It was smart of him to purchase not under his name because the second the word got out, the price skyrocketed.

In the Lake Buena Vista area (Walt Disney World) there are four parks: Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM), and the Magic Kingdom. There is also tons of resorts and "Downtown Disney," now known as Disney Springs. There is something for everyone; kiddie rides, thrill rides, character dining, and at Disney Springs there is even places to get a drink.

So why is it my happiest place on earth?

It holds my dreams, memories, and highlights. No matter what stressed me out growing up or how many road trips seemed unbearable, when I got there I was over the moon. My family and I would enter and everything would melt away. All their saving felt worth it and for us there was no doubt how satisfied we were in that moment. I remember thinking how grateful I was for my family every second I was there. It wasn't because I don't know that normally, I do. The thing about Disney World though, is that it is stress free. I didn't have time to worry about problems with friends or homework. I was able to really enjoy my family and escape from everything. It was as if once I passed those gates, that everything behind me disappeared. It really feels like you are completely immersed in a whole new world. (See what I did there?)

So far I have been at least five times. One time we even went for two weeks, I don't recommend. (Not because it's not wonderful, it's just nobody has that much energy.)
I never stop loving it. I honestly can sit at home and give you directions to any place in the park at this point, I know it like the back of my hand. It is my favorite place in the world. I can't wait to share my experiences with my boyfriend, and in the future with my kids. I have never been to a place filled with nicer people and better memories.

Something I do recommend is to not be on your phone. I noticed on my most recent trip that so many people were on their phone. Please don't do that! I know that we are in a time where there if this addiction to cell phones but you miss all the magic. Really get your mindset in it and step away from social media. Cinderella didn't have an Instagram.

Also, lines will be at any theme park so don't throw negative energy out just because it's hot and you have to wait. Don't forget that this is a park that people from all over come to.

Choose to really find your inner kid and embrace all the magic from the movies. Remember that this all started from nothing. It's an amazing place.

Become a pirate, a princess, or even a Jedi. Let yourself go and enjoy the spell that Disney World can put you under.

Get there early, spend all day. See a show. Ride Space Mountain or the teacups. Explore all the countries at Epcot. Look at the beautiful animals at Animal Kingdom. Be in the movie at Hollywood Studios. Eat next to an elephant in Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs. Engage at Disney.

Be in the story, and remember that it all started with a mouse.

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.” - Walt Disney Company

My first Disney trip: 11 years ago.