To all the Alexa Moreno Haters

To all the Alexa Moreno Haters

22
To all the Alexa Moreno Haters
Getty Images

Many people didn't know who Alexa Moreno was before the olympics. After last week everyone would now the name of the 22-year-old gymnasts from Mexico competing in the Rio 2016. Moreno was made fun of on social media because of her body.

Down below are some of tweets that were made about her.

"Rare Images of Alexa Moreno finishing her gymnastic routine."

"Alexa Moreno has the body of two gymnastics together, a diet before going to olympics would have been nice."

What many of the Alexa haters do not know is that this gymnast is that she just weighs 99 pounds. Alexa is a proud standing 4'11. Which is a healthy weight level for someone that height.

According to Buzzfeed the Mexican olympic team rarely does not compete in that gymnastic category. On top of that Alexa came out in the 12th place out of 54 other women.

Not many people can say that they have competed in the olympics. And less can say especially can't say they have done it at the age of 22-yearso-ld.

Not only has Alexa shown the world her abilities on floor but she also taught young women that they do not need to look like everyone else. She taught us that everyone comes in their own shape and size no matter what activity.

More than anyone 90 percent of girls between the ages of 15- 17-years-old would change one thing from their body appearances and changing body weight has ranked the highest. This is a growing issue happening around the world. Where women have to fit a certain body weight and shape.

We need more women like this that are confadiant and secure about their bodies like Alexa Moreno.