A Glimpse into my Tinder Experience

A Glimpse into my Tinder Experience

Mr.Right or Mr.Right Now?

12
A Glimpse into my Tinder Experience

So we've all been there, thinking that we will meet Prince Charming on Tinder. At first he is charming, smart, and kind. Next minute, he goes off the radar … what gives? Here are some of my highlights.

1. French Boy

Ah yes, we all wanted to date the foreign guy. Because, well he just seems different than all the other guys you've dated in the past. He eats wraps instead of cheeseburgers, uses the words "nevertheless" and "contrary to popular belief" and loves to read. So, the story begins with of course a Tinder exchange of messages. Our first date, we went for pizza. He begins to tell me how "American" pizza is and how they do not have pizza in France. We go back to his apartment where he tells me that he has this fancy French wine. I look at the bottle … it's from Trader Joe's not France … good try though.. Right? Next, he looks at me and says "should we do the make-out?" Our next dates were quite awkward… we went to the movies to see a horror film just for him to say over and over again "stupid Americans!" Needless to say, this relationship did not flourish.

1. "I don't want anything serious"

This date tried to wow me. We messaged on Tinder back and forth for about a month. He would constantly tell me that he was "so busy" even though he worked a 9-5 entry level job. Like how was he supposedly staying late at the office every night? Finally, our first date arrived. He wanted to pick me up, but I insisted that I just meet him at the restaurant as that was a safety precaution … remember … Stranger Danger. So, to my surprise, what I thought would be a pizza joint came out to be a five star restaurant with valet parking and the whole nine yards. Dinner seemed rush, but I get it, restaurants on a weekend are crazy busy. We dated for about a month, but when I started to develop some true feelings for him, he pulled away. When I asked him what the problem was he gave the dreaded - "I don't want anything serious right now". He proceeded to tell me how heartbroken he was over a girl he dated 8 years ago … in high school. I was stumped … like really?

The reason for me writing this article is to show you that yes, crazy stuff happens on Tinder. Please act responsibly and know your worth!