The Top 5 Reasons Tinder Is Popular On College Campuses

Swipe left, swipe left, OOH, HOTTIE, SWIPE RIGHT, swipe left...
129

Tinder, the app that promises "friendships, dates, relationships, and everything in between." But, is that the real reason college students download this app? Well, maybe.

Here are the top FIVE reasons why Tinder is so popular on college campuses.

1. Tinder is pure entertainment.

For when you're sitting bored in a lecture, laying in bed before you fall asleep, or avoiding your homework after class, it's so easy to pull out your phone and have the ability to go through hundreds of people, deciding to swipe left or swipe right.

2. You get the ability to scope out the hotties in your area.

Especially the ones that go to school with you, right from your phone! You get the chance to see who is out there that you could go meet up with at a party, or just meet up for some subs at Jimmy John's.

3. Tinder is probably the fastest way to find someone you're attracted to to hook up with.

Whether people admit it or not, a lot of the people on Tinder are looking for someone to just meet and hook up with, nothing more. Especially being college kids, most are not looking for a deep relationship, just some fun. Tinder is an easy way to do this.

4. Tinder is a good way to meet people for parties.

Yep, you read that right. People use it to find parties to attend on the weekends. You can match with people at your school, and send them a quick message asking if they know of any parties going on that weekend. Now, this isn't the most common use of Tinder, but it is on the charts!

5. Lastly, Tinder is common for college kids because it's an easy way to meet people.

You swipe right, you get a match, and you start talking to someone you think is attractive and vice-versa! You talk, and eventually, you get to that point where you want to meet in person! Now, this could turn into something more than just a friendship, or it could stay a friendship, and there is nothing wrong with that! Just having friends outside of your circle of friends is important, and Tinder can help you do that!

If any of these options sound appealing to you, Tinder is not a weird app to have! So many people have it for at least one of the reasons above, so don't be hesitant to get it. And remember, swipe left means no, swipe right means yes. Good luck!