We Are The Tinder Generation

We Are The Tinder Generation

What happens when romance gets swiped off the screen?

1379
We Are The Tinder Generation

Swipe right for hotties, swipe left for losers. All you have to do is look at someone’s appearance and determine if they are good looking enough to develop a “relationship” with. Introducing Tinder, an app that overtook the nation as the number one way to find your hookup for the night. What was supposed to originally start as a dating app turned into a way for people to have one-night stands or find “friends with benefits.”

In this generation, the hookup culture has overcome the dating culture. What even is romance anymore? Nowadays, it’s considered “romantic” if a guy likes your profile or Instagram picture, lets you wear his clothes afters you spent the night, and grinds with you while his boner is rubbing up on your back. Update: romance is a dying culture.

People used to meet their partners through direct face-to-face confrontation. They would be introduced through mutual friends or meet at a social event. Small talk would be inevitable, but slowly a relationship would be built to the point where you at least got to know a little bit about the person. Today, it’s not even necessary to know anything about your partner—a simple “Wanna have sex?” or “Can I sit on your face?” will suffice.

When you are hooking up, no one gets hurt, at least not on the surface. That’s why most people are so attracted to it. Fake intimacy with no attachments, no worries. I totally get it, because why would anyone want to be hurt and subject himself or herself to heartbreak? Tinder allows you to never feel rejection, but only approval. You would only be notified if you have a match. It becomes instant gratification, and boosts your self-esteem while making sex so easy to obtain.

However, the reality is, the hookup culture is going to fail. The hookup culture embodies everything that an individual wants to feel—confidence, sexiness, and freedom—but after having meaningless sex, most females feel de-valued and it continues to be a cycle. Guys also continue to becoming desensitized to having feelings or any type of attachment. It’s so rare now for a woman to find a man that will treat her like a priority instead of an option.

Tinder has completely revolutionized the dating world, and has changed everyone’s perceptions about how to treat the opposite sex. It has given people the easy way out in order to satisfy their sexual needs and desires. Hooking up is not all bad, but the mindset that has developed about what dating really is has been completely altered in the negative direction. We are the Tinder Generation.

From Your Site Articles