Time To Rewrite Your Happily Ever After

Time To Rewrite Your Happily Ever After

It's not always a storybook ending you see in the movies.

23
Time To Rewrite Your Happily Ever After
Huffington Post

When people think of the phrase “Happily Ever After”, they may think of storybook fairytale endings coming true. We get this mindset from the movies and stories we have been watching and listening to since we were young. Deep down we all have wanted these moments to be true in our own future lives. Who wouldn’t want that? It’s our favorite part of every story whether we like to admit it or not. We have all wanted to have our own happily ever afters. Our happily ever after might be where we find the person we will be with for the rest of our life, and everything is going to be perfect because of that person. Thankfully, its time to re-write the story of your happily ever after and get that thought out of your head.

Your happily ever after starts first and foremost with YOU. Stop waiting for someone to come along to make you happy. Wearing your heart on your sleeve is always a start if you still want that part of your life to have an impact on your happily ever after, but, if you aren’t happy with yourself first, how can you share that happiness with someone else?

Find something that you can have as a passion. Everybody has hobbies that make them relax and enjoy their time, however, if you can make a profession out of it, then find the courage to pursue it. In the past, society has put pressure on men and women to go into a profession just for the money, whether or not they enjoy it. Men have been pressured to perform jobs that wouldn't bring them happiness because they have always been pressured to be the providers for the wife and family. You're not helping yourself to your happily ever after if you spend your day at a job you hate and bring the negativity home. I promise you will be a much better person if you are doing something you love. The rest will be able to figure itself out.

Stop telling yourself you can’t do something. If you are constantly putting yourself down, then you will never get anywhere in life. Make a list every morning of ten things you are grateful for. You would be surprised by how much that gives you a strong and positive feeling to help you throughout the day. Start saying yes—YES, YES, YES!—to everything. Sometimes saying yes will bring you some of the greatest and most memorable moments of your life. If you keep saying no, you will be regretting a lot more than enjoying a lot more.

Time to rewrite your happily ever after and show the world that you can have moments in your life when you are truly happy with what you have done. You can do it! Enough with those cheesy movies and stories—it's time to show the world what a real happily ever after really is.