Why You Should Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti

Just be a nice person.
4420

When you think about it, it is actually not that hard to be nice to people. Even strangers, all you have to do is not be mean. Sounds easy, right?

After looking at various Pinterest ideas and boards, I saw a quote (I think) from Kate Spade and it said, "Throw kindness around like confetti." Ever since, this quote has resonated with me. I mean, throwing kindness around like confetti sounds kind of fun, right?

You have all heard the "everyone is going through their own struggle and battle" before, and I know it sounds cliché, but it is so true. I mean, you look around and you see strangers going about their business, but even your friends could be trying to handle something they have not told you about. Each day we all start the day with a list of things to do trying to get ourselves closer and closer to our dreams, all the meanwhile overcoming the many obstacles and failures that come with this journey.

It is surprising that holding the door for someone, or saying thank you, or giving someone a compliment could brighten their whole day.

I am not saying you have to do all these things all the time, but I wonder what would happen if we were all nice to each other at least most of the time. And, I say most of the time because I know this is not a perfect world and of course, there has to be some negativity to balance out the positivity. But, what if there was more positivity in the world than negativity?

I guess it depends on how you look at the world, but for most people, it seems pretty rough. While for others, and optimists like me, we like to see the potential that the world can offer us, and the same goes for people.

It takes a special kind of person to want to create more happiness in the world, and once you find these people or this person, hold on to him or her and do not let go. They will constantly remind you what it means to be nice and how you can, indeed, throw kindness around like confetti.

Try something new this week: try actually throwing kindness around like confetti! Notice if you feel better, happier and more at ease.