13 Things That Happen When Your Boyfriend Is Your Best Friend

You know you love them.

20
Spence Photographs

Ahh, young love. When you start to spend [almost] every moment of your life with someone, it's almost inevitable for you to become friends (for the most part). But it's even better when the person you love, is your best friend and your boyfriend all rolled up into one awesome, sweet, loving person. Here's a few reasons why girls (or guys) will be arguing about who really has the best boyfriend/friend out there (P.S., my boy is the winner)

1. You sing out loud with each other
You sing your little heart out in the car, and he's usually right next to you jamming out, too. Nine times out of 10, you've probably created a playlist of all duet songs, and pretend you're in a music video. That's right, que Usher and Alicia Keys "My Boo!"

2. He's always up for a random adventure
Whether it's two in the morning and you decide to take a late night drive down the backroads or the middle of the day and you decide to go tubing, either way, he's always down to do something spontaneous with you and explore new places.

3. Naps count as dates, and you're okay with that

In fact, you're probably the happiest when he texts you asking if you want to come over and nap. The answer is always hell yeah! He knows the key to your heart is sleep and food, and he's got that covered. So, who's big spoon and who's little spoon?

4. You find entertainment in whatever you're doing

And I mean, whatever! Haven't you ever spent hours watching YouTube videos, or maybe you guys made up your own board game, because the actual rules call for four people and it's just you two. No matter how small or big something may be, you two always seem to find joy and entertainment in it.

5. He doesn't judge you

If you're like me, you have absolutely no rhythm, yet your boyfriend still wants to dance with you (even in public). You probably think you have a zit the size of Saturn, but he still doesn't judge. Whatever it is, your boyfriend BFF has a no judgement zone when it comes to you, and we love it.

6. You're constantly sending them funny pictures/videos

Whenever your texts, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram notifications go off, there's a 95 percent chance that it's your 'boo thang' sending you funny pictures. If you're not with them (which is pretty rare) they're always the first person you think of when you find a funny video, or you see an adorable picture of a puppy.

7. One word: telepathy
You just have to give them that one look, and they already know exactly why you're making that face. It's an art form, and you two have mastered it.

8. You always ask each other for advice
You can't really make a decision without asking him for advice, and he's always calling you to try and help him make a quick decision. His advice is always pretty helpful because he already knows you so well.

9. You talk smack or annoy each other
That my be your number one objective in this relationship, annoy each other constantly. There's nothing like smack talking each other and then laughing at each other's comebacks!

10. Inside jokes
No matter how long you've been together, you guys will have inside jokes. They're even better when you remind each other about them, and spend an hour laughing over it.

11. You actually enjoy nights in

Who doesn't love staying in with a Biore nose strip and pajamas on, cuddling up in bed and binge watching your fave Netflix series with your boyfriend? Binge watching is so much more enjoyable when you have someone else get so involved and emotionally attached to a series! Plus, you don't actually have to face the public, spend extra money on drinks or food or put on jeans or real clothes (that's a plus).

12. He listens when you need to vent

He knows what irks you already, and he's sometimes your voice of reason. Bless the boyfriend/best friend who has to hear you vent, but they're always nice about it! He lets you yell about that annoying girl in your class and 10 other things you'll vent about that week.

13. You support each other
His success is your success and vice versa. You two support each other unconditionally.