1. The dreaded sinking feeling in your stomach when coach said, “Get on the line.”
Even writing this is making me scared. Whether it was fitness testing or punishment, nothing will ever compare to the traumatic experience of 120's.
2. The smell of your soccer bag.
Who knows if it was your cleats, your shin guards, two extra shirts, or your sweatpants... Whatever it was, it's terrible and you learned to carry Febreeze in your bag at an early age.
3. The person who borrowed your prewrap/tape and never returned the favor.
Prewrap and tape were precious. Also, if they were wearing your signature color, that was a little annoying.
4. The best goal you ever scored.
It could have been a game-winning goal in a championship game or one that tied the game against your rival team. The celebration after is also something you will always remember.
5. The countless hours driving to and from games and tournaments.
Riding on the bus with the team was fun because of all the snacks that the coach would bring and the movies you watched. "She's the Man" and "Miracle" were staples.
6. The one warmup song that will always remind you of your team.
Whenever you hear this song, you automatically go back to warming up with the team and probably dancing more than getting touches on the ball.
7. Your favorite pair of cleats that you probably custom designed.
There was nothing better than getting new cleats because now you could pull moves on someone and look good doing it.
8. Your incredible tan lines.
There was absolutely no way you could cover these up, but all your friends had them too so it wasn't that bad.
9. The highest amount you ever juggled.
You were really proud of your number, but there was always someone who could do an insane amount and you didn't understand how.
10. The sting of turf burn in the shower.
Any soccer player will tell you that the water against your raw shredded skin is equivalent to death. The worst is when the turf beads are stuck in your skin and you have to pick them out.
11. Never having any free time.
When you weren't at practice or a game, you were sleeping or eating. You didn't have much of a social life, so your teammates were definitely your best pals.
12. Team dinners.
Have you ever seen 15 pizzas eaten in under 20 minutes? Because I have seen 25 girls do it.
13. Your biggest bruise.
It hurt like hell, but it looked awesome and made you look tough to the other team.
14. ALEX MORGAN.
Because there's nobody better.
15. The teammates that became your family.
After everything you have gone through together, these teammates are the best people in your life. You have celebrated wins and mourned tough losses, but always stuck together. You would do anything for these people and the bond you created with the team will always hold a special place in your heart.