10 Things Short Girls Are Sick Of

10 Things Short Girls Are Sick Of

5'1 and proud.

29
10 Things Short Girls Are Sick Of
123 RF

I am one of the many small girls out there. I am a whopping 5 feet and 1 inch and 105 pounds. While being short has its advantages, it can also be extremely annoying. Being small comes with frustration and many reoccurring situations. This one is for all my other "fun sized" friends! Here are 10 situations/things short girls are sick of dealing with.

1. Being mistaken for a kid.

I am 19-years-old and I get mistaken for a 12-year-old on the regular. I coach youth softball, 9-12 year olds, and multiple times umpires have asked me where my uniform was or told me I needed a helmet to coach a base because they thought I was on the team. Many customers at my work also look at me horrified saying "How old are you?? Is it legal for you to be working?" Yep it is very legal.....I am 19 not 12....

2. Not having pants that fit.

Finding pants that actually fit is nearly impossible. I literally own only one pair of jeans that fits me from hips to ankle perfectly. People cuff their skinny jeans for style...I cuff my skinny jeans because otherwise they go around my foot and would look ridiculous. Lulu lemon has become one of my favorite places just because they hem their leggings and pants for free. I also struggle with finding pants to wear in the rain and snow because if they drag on the ground they end up soaked, ripped and ruined.

3. Not being able to reach things while out shopping.

Whether it be food at the grocery store or a cute shirt from one of my favorite stores if it's on the top shelf I'm probably not getting it. That is unless I can channel my inner spider man and climb some shelves or it I happen to find someone of normal height around that's willing to grab it for me. Either way this is the worst. Jumping, reaching, climbing, or asking for help are all embarrassing options.

4. Being everyones arm rest.

It really isn't funny when you come over and rest your arm on my head. It's actually super annoying and it's taking everything in me to not punch you in the face. Please stop leaning on me before I lose it.

5. Comments on where we sit while driving.

No, I do not sit on a phone book. Yes, I do sit extremely close to the steering wheel because how else am I supposed to reach the peddles. I have little legs. I get it okay. I was even told by my drivers ed instructor to take my airbag out because I sit so close to the wheel the airbag would probably kill me.

6. Being told we're short.

Please tell me how I'm shorter than you thought I'd be, how little I am and continue to call me cute! You're not the first to tell me or the last. Do you really think I don't already know? Thank you for the reminder though.

7. That 10 year old that always asks you to stand next to them.

Every short girl knows at least one 10 year old who is taller than the average 10 year old. That 10 year old loves to ask you to stand next to them in front of large groups of people just to ensure everyone knows they are taller than you. Ha, jokes on me I'm short....I know.

8. Group pictures.

Group pictures are a struggle for short girls. We are always pushed up front for big group pictures forced to kneel. When the group is smaller it still stinks because you're height is most likely shown off to everyone unless you're friends are also small.

9. Short Jokes.

The one I get most commonly is "how's the weather down there?" well the answer to that is the same as the weather where you're standing! This joke, along with almost all other short jokes, is getting old.

10. Sitting in the middle.

Long car rides are the worst because not only do you never get shot gun, because you're the smallest, but you are almost always stuck in the middle seat. Yes I have short legs but it's still not comfortable. I have nowhere to lean on to sleep and I am crammed between others.