The 9 Things You Will Hear At Any And Every Sorority National Convention
Food Drink

You beta believe we've been looking forward to it!

294
Caroline Webb

It's the biggest weekend in your organization's timeline, and it's truly something else.

From near and far, sisters have gathered to meet, greet, and connect with women from all over the globe. If you're attending one of these functions as a woman beyond her collegiate years, it's a chance to re-connect on a social, professional and spiritual level with your sisters. That's right, it's National Convention.

You'll probably hear....

1. "We get free time after this, right?"

Likely, if you're at a sorority convention, you're going to spend the majority of your days in business meetings and educational sessions. Napping is a must to keep yourself from going insane. Plus, you're probably in a new destination! You're going to want to explore with your friends. Get the most out of the trip, right?

2. "Are they really serving us the same chicken for the third day in a row?"

Hotel food is no joke. The food they serve when feeding massive crowds already has low expectations, but now and then, it's on a whole other level of awful. You'l quickly learn that there's a billion ways to make the same cut of chicken.

3. "Excuse me, we're going to need more bread."

...and because of that, you'll want to fill up on as much bread as possible. You don't know when your next decent meal will be.

4. "That's it, it's time to go to the bar."

What vacation (if you classify this as one, and many people do), is complete without a drink by the pool or an evening glass of wine with your gal pals? These event organizers are smart. There's always a bar either in the venue, or within walking distance. If you're in the alumnae community, this could be the first time in years you've had a drink with a group of your sisters. Treat yourself!

5. "Does this go on the chapter card?"

If you're a collegian, however, money is tight. You'll likely try to milk that chapter card for every meal, every tank of gas, and every night of wifi. After all, conventions are usually pretty pricey. Not to mention, your money has probably gone to all of the greek merchandise you bought on the first day...

6. "When I was a collegian, we had girl fights!"

Connecting with women who have entered the alumnae community is so special, and convention is one of those times when people can do so without the distractions of regular chapter business or time constraints of school. You're in the same building for several days, and the stories that will come from that might shock you. You'll most likely find out that your advisors are actually pretty cool, and you'll want to be like them when you grow up. They're pretty badass.

7. "Oh honey, the Starbucks is closed because we ran them out of their inventory."

Sorority women consume caffeine on a whole other level. If nationals expects a twelve-hour day out of us, we need our fuel.

8. "I need your dress from yesterday."

It's a basic way of sorority life. Clothes get tossed around for everything. Likely, one dress will have been worn either by the same person to every chapter meeting, or by a different member to each meeting. Either way, get ready to play "The sisterhood of the traveling dress".

9. "I love y'all, but it's time to go home and nap."

Once you've completed all of your duties of convention business, you'll likely be exhausted. After all, having fun can be tiring, right? Enjoy that first nap back home.

Are you attending a greek convention soon? Prepare yourself.