11 Things Only Girls Under 5'2" Will Relate To

"Oh my god, you're so small!"... You say this like I don't know.
338

Like birds of a feather, short girls have to stick together because most people like to joke with us about our height. While this is a disadvantage of being short sometimes it's fun to join in on the joking because being short really isn't that bad. But, here are some things that us shorties can relate to.

1. Your Friends Try To Act Like They Can't See You/Use Your Head As An Arm Rest

This seems to get annoying sometimes and it's most likely your guy friends that act that way, but you just deal with it.

2. You're Used To People ALWAYS Saying Something About Your Height

I've always been short so this is something that I've just grown up with. I love when people say "Oh my god, you're so small!" like you've never seen yourself or realized how short you were.

3. You're Used To Climbing On Counters Or Anything To Get What You Want From The Top Shelf

This seems to always be a struggle for me because anytime I want something I feel like it's at the top and I can't get it without climbing on something and looking like a fool.

4. You Can Pretty Much Date Any Type Of Guy You Want

Even the short ones because they're probably still taller than you. But, if you're anything like me you like the tall ones, like the ones that are a foot taller than you are.

5. You're Always In The Front Of The Picture

And if you're not you might as well forget it because no one can see you behind those people.

6. Your Feet Probably Can't Touch The Ground When You're Sitting At A Desk

And because of this you probably swing your legs and look like a child, or at least I do.

7. You Struggle To Find Pants That Fit Right

Most pants are long on me even the ones that say "short" and if they do fit right height wise they're probably either too small or big in a different way, it's like a never-ending battle.

8. You're Always Asked To Get Things In Small Spaces

Like at Thanksgiving when your family needs a pot from the smallest cabinet that is also lowest to the ground, they ask you first.

9. Kids Are Always Comparing Their Height To Yours

As if you didn't hate your height enough, kids in elementary school compare their height to you and suddenly you're like wow I am actually a child's height.

10. Small Feet = Kids Shoes

If you're anything like me and love shoes, then you're always looking for the best deal on them. Well, when you have small feet that means you can get kids shoes and they're usually at least $30 cheaper.

11. When You Tell Others Your Height You Add On The Little Quarter Inch

When people ask me for my height, instead of telling them I'm 4'11" I tell them I am 4'11" and 3/4 and they probably think that's weird, but for me, every little inch counts for us short ones.