Things Millennials Are Tired Of Hearing From Older Generations

Things older generations say that millennials are tired of hearing

181
http://blog.turkcell.com.tr

Millennials: used in reference to those who reached young adulthood around the year 2000, and those whom are always being blamed for something or another. My question is, why are we to blame for what is going wrong with the world? Everyone contributes to the good or bad going on, but our elders seem quick to point the finger at millennials when the negative side is being broadcasted. Is it true that everyone in an older generation blames us for the wrong-doing in the world? Of course not, but it is enough to be noticed and called out. So, I've compiled a list of the most frequent complaints I hear directed toward us millennials.

*You in this article is referring to older generations*

*Us/We in this article is referring to millennials*

"Are you always on that phone?"

Look I understand, I get frustrated too when it seems that people would rather be checking their phones than chatting with me.

Yet, it becomes fine to be on the phone when you ask for help on how to use your new smartphone. Don't get me wrong, I'll help you until you get the hang of it, but I expect to be able to use my phone without being yelled at or judged for it.

"Go get out and do something. Stop being so lazy!"

I'm sorry, but I don't see you up and raring to go 24/7, so why is an expected behavior out of me? Everyone deserves a lazy day or a couple. Am I condoning becoming a couch potato and only moving when you need to go to the bathroom or to get food during a commercial break? No, it is good to get out every once in a while.

Take for example, everyone going out and playing Pokemon Go!

More and more people are going out and adventuring to be the very best like no one ever was (cue video). So really, I don't think you'll find many kids "lazying" about much.

"Tattoos and Piercings are unprofessional"

This one really just baffles me. How are my tattoos or piercings affecting how I do my job? Why is it okay for me to be turned down from a job just because of how I choose to express myself on mybody? I'm not actively forcing you to go get your nose pierced or to get ink on you, but you are allowed to force me to cover my expression because of how it might appear to other people? I'm sorry, but how is that okay? That's just it. It shouldn't be okay or allowed. Just like a person cannot be denied a job due to religious beliefs or race or ethnicity or political views, no one should be turned away just because they have tattoos and piercings.

"Back in my day..."

I am going to stop you right there. See what you just said? "Back in my day?" Here's the thing, as time passes things change and everyone has to adapt. Instead of black-and-white television, we have color television. Instead of riding a horse or riding in a horse-drawn carriage being your only option to get around, you can drive your car or ride a bike or catch the bus or ,in some cases, fly. Everyone likes to reminisce about how things were, but it doesn't mean you have to oppose the changes or advancement that are bound to come.

"College isn't that hard to pay off, quit being so whiny!"

Not going to lie, this one really gets under my skin. Whether you want to believe it or not, COLLEGE HAS GOTTEN MORE EXPENSIVE OVER THE YEARS! People now are more dependent on scholarships and grants, and if those still don't cover the price, loans more than ever before. I've already racked up a few loans on my way to further my education, and I'm sure before I'm through, I'll have to take out more. No one wants to spend the rest of their years paying off their student loans, but if you want to further your education, it is a risk you sometimes have no option but to take.

"If it wasn't for you millennials the economy wouldn't be so bad."

Excuse me? Did you really just say what I think you said? How can you sit there and blame me and my generation when we are just now starting to be active contributors to the economy? Meanwhile, you've been an active member for a while, and it isn't looking very bright, now is it? I can't understand how my generation is now being held responsible for the economy you created for us and how easily you expect us to clean up your mess. How about taking responsibility for your own actions and your contribution to the economy spiraling downward, because millennials are not the only ones to blame?

All we millennials want to do is live our lives how we want to in peace and not fear of our decisions being judged by you or to be blamed for your issues. Is that really too much to ask for?