15 Things Every Woman Needs To Do In Her 20s

The time in your twenties is the time to pursue your dreams.

79
Brandy Melville

There's no denying that being in your 20s is a time of learning from your mistakes, having fun, and going on adventures. Being in your 20s is the time of getting to know who you are. Your 20s will fly by before you even know it, so it's time to discover the most important things to live by before the decade is up. Here are 15 things that every woman needs to do in her 20s.

1. Travel as much as you can.

Being in your 20s is the best time to indulge in a bit of wanderlust. Before you know it, you will become way too busy with a family or your job, that you won't be capable of finding the time to travel. Go out and experience the world by taking on new challenges and introducing yourself to new cultures. You'll learn so many things that you can use throughout your life.

2. Put your education and career first.

Build up your career and set a goal for your future. You're young, so it is time to show the world what you're made of! If you are clueless as to what you want to do, try different things and see what makes you happy!

3. Laugh as much as you possibly can.

Live your 20s feeling happy and knowing that something wonderful is about to happy. Days spent without laughter are days wasted, so make sure to always stay positive and laugh more often.

4. Avoid judging other women.

You will come to realize that if you focus on staying away from judging others that you will become so much happier. Live to be accepting and loving of how other women seem to be. Make your 20s memorable by being a strong, accepting, and caring woman.

5. Stop worrying so much.

Throughout your entire life, there will always be things that happen and let you down. But that's just how life is. What you need to always remember is that there is always people who love you and know that everything is going to be okay. Whether you didn't get that job, you failed a class, or are dealing with heartbreak; I promise that you will overcome whatever obstacle comes into your life. Don't worry so much and always stay hopeful!

6. Keep a journal.

Journaling is a great resource when looking back at all of the crazy and spontaneous things you did while being in your 20s. Journal because it can inspire you. Journal because you have dreams. Journal because it is good for you. Once your 20s have come to an end, you will want to look back and know that you lived your 20s to the fullest!

7. Make time for self-love.

Always remember to love yourself. Know that you are capable of anything you set your mind to. It's not what you are that holds you back from reaching your dreams, it is what you think you are not.

8. Get off social media.

Don't waste away your 20s by being on social media and being curious as to what the latest gossip is on Kim Kardashian. Instead, spend your 20s focusing on the life that's around you. Put away your phones, turn off your notifications, and see what all you're missing.

9. Volunteer.

Volunteering is a great way to relieve stress and find happiness. You don't have to travel across the globe, just simply volunteer at your local animal shelter or homeless shelter. Ask yourself what you can give to the world and give it.

10. Spend time in nature.

Branching out (haha get it?) and exploring the world is what can bring joy and piece into your life. Go out into the woods and simply be silent; you will hear all of the beautiful sounds of life around you that are ignored often.

11. Forgive.

Forgiveness is messy, difficult, and it takes time to occur. But coming to be forgiving of one's actions or an incident, will help you let go and move forward with your life.

12. Save money.

Saving money can be hard when you're living the life of a 20-something-year-old woman. Once or twice a week, don't buy a single thing and save your money completely. This will help you become aware of your spending habits and will show you what's really important when on your next shopping spree.

13. Spend time with family.

Always remember that family is the most important thing in life. Make an effort to give your family a call, remember their birthdays, and to visit them on holidays. They've been there for you since the beginning and in return, make sure to always stay connected with them.

14. Get healthier.

Spend time learning new eating habits, working out, and focusing on what you eat. You're young and your health is very important. Make sure to work out often and remember that cheat days are always okay too!

15. Discover yourself.

Throughout your 20s it is easy to get overwhelmed with everything going on around you. Many women tend to forget about what they truly want in life. Be curious and question everything you do, but most importantly take this time of being young to find out who you are and what you want in life.