self care tips

20 Ways To Practice Self Care That Do Not Require A Face Mask

There are a wide array of things that you could do and should do to make you feel your best.

205
bubble bath

Many of us might think of a spa night the first time we hear the words "self care," but it is so much more than that. Different things are more beneficial from one person to the next, so find out which one suits you.

1. Make a to-do list and accomplish it 

Is there a few things you have been meaning to do, but haven't? Get them done! It will feel so much better once you have completed them and crossed them off your list.

2. Take a drive and jam out 

Get lost in your favorite tunes and sing like no one is watching. This is a very therapeutic way to get out your feelings by listening to songs that relate to how you are feeling.

3. Find your version of meditation or prayer 

Find a quiet place and concentrate. This can be however you want it to be and can include whatever you believe in.

4. Talk to yourself 

Get to know yourself and talk through your day. What bothered you? What made you happy? Find out your deep thoughts and go from there.

5. Make it a point to appreciate what's around you 

So much of the time we fly by our surroundings without even stopping to appreciate it. Take time to slow down and enjoy what you have.

6. Clear out any clutter 

From your closet, to your social media, to your photos, to your search history - some of it has got to go.

7. Take some time out of each day to do some form of exercise 

Don't run away from this one (see what I did there). Some serious endorphins that will increase your mood get let off from exercising. This could mean anything from walking, to yoga, to pilates, to lifting 5 pound dumbbells. You choose where you get the happy gas from.

8. Watch a funny movie or video  

There are so many good things that come from laughing. A funny movie or videos from Twitter or your favorite YouTuber could cure your stressed self.

9. Pay it forward 

Making someone else's day a little brighter will make yours brighter too. It could be as small as paying for someone's morning coffee or as big as you could handle.

10. Do the little things to clean yourself up 

Do you have a hangnail? Need a small haircut? These little things could be making you feel down about yourself, but could be quick and easy to fix.

11. Give a hug or receive a hug 

Hugs can actually increase immunity and reduce stress, so give out those hugs!

12. Be extra kind to everyone you come in contact with 

Use manners, give smiles, and create conversation with those around you. Just a small act of kindness and care will make this world a better place and make you feel like you made a difference.

13. Hand write a note to someone 

This old-fashioned practice takes time and effort. It could be as simple as a kind phrase to your co-worker or a long letter to your significant other. All parties involved will feel the love.

14. Lay down in a dark and quiet room 

You just have to do this for about 20 minutes. Some people find that naps make them groggy so just laying down for a bit might be just the rejuvenating time you need.

15. Plan out when you will do that one thing you've always wanted to 

Have you always wanted to go skydiving or is it traveling to a new state? Plan out when you are going to do it and save up. It's the best feeling when you have something to look forward to.

16. Change up your schedule to get out of the robotic funk 

It's so easy to get caught up in just going through the motions, so I challenge you to shake it up. If you are trying to make something a habit, but the time isn't working out, adjust your schedule so that it does work.

17. Enjoy the outdoors 

Sun and pure oxygen are good for your soul. Try and find time to take a walk in a park, or do homework outside, etc. You will feel refreshed and hopefully this will help you appreciate your environment more.

18. Plan your day so you get to bed on time 

All of you have heard this one but sleep is so important! A huge reason why you may feel distracted, stressed, or can't get things done is because you may have a lack of sleep. Try to plan to where you will get to bed on time. Even if that means saying no to certain things or doing tasks the next day if you can allow that.

19. Catch up with some old friends  

Going through life means that you might drift away from some friends. If you feel that there are some people in your life that feel distant for no reason, reach out! Chances are they would love to hear from you and it can be refreshing to talk to them again.

20. Work on your self love

This is probably the hardest one of all. Every single one of us struggle with this. It can be easier said than done, but encourage yourself throughout the day by talking nice to yourself. Stop picking out your flaws and start loving you for who you are because everyone else should too.

Self care has been said to be one of the most significant actions you can take to better yourself from the inside and out. Find your favorites and make yourself your best friend.