12 Things All USWNT Fans Can Relate To

12 Things All USWNT Fans Can Relate To

USWNT 'til we die.

62
12 Things All USWNT Fans Can Relate To
CNN

1. You’ve openly admitted that you have a crush on almost every member of the team. Look at them, tell me these girls aren’t the most beautiful people you’ve ever seen. It’s fair to say that the USWNT is not only the best squad out there, but the best looking team in the whole world.

2. Every game day you look patriotic AF.

Seriously. Pull out those stars and stripes leggings (I know you all have some, or you secretly wanted some), along with your U.S. jersey, sunglasses, shoes, hair paint, crazy headband, and the face paint. It doesn’t matter if it’s a friendly or a qualifying match, you’re going full out!

3. You cried when you heard the news that one of the girls was retiring.

Don’t lie, you know your heart broke when you found out they weren't returning to the pitch for Rio 2016, and you cried your little heart out when Abby made that commercial after she retired (you know the one).
4. And you even cried when you found out they got hurt

I was eating breakfast when my sister called me that Rapinoe tore her ACL, and I cried at the dining hall, I didn’t even care (#NoRagrets).

5. As much as you wanted to be happy for them, you were a little upset when you found out they were expecting a baby.

“How selfish of her to have a baby. Seriously, the World Cup/Olympics is right around the corner and we need her.” Admit it, that’s come out of your mouth before.

6. You’ve fangirled so hard when you met them/took a picture with them or gotten their autograph.

I think it’s safe to say USWNT fans probably freak out more than a tween girl at her first 5SOS concert. The first time my mom saw the girls play in San Antonio she cried when they walked onto the field because she just couldn't believe she was watching them play. Sorry mom, I had to share!

7. You cry with them when they lose.

Okay, so maybe USWNT fans cry too much, but we just love them so much. Throwback to when they lost to Japan in the 2011 World Cup and everyone was crying (still salty because they deserved that win).

8. You celebrate when they win.

And another throwback to the 2015 World Cup and USWNT came back for revenge at killed Japan! Nevertheless, whether you were definitely screaming up and down the street, celebrating with shots at the bar, or crying tears of joy, you were right there with them celebrating the victory.
9. You follow every single one of them on all social media.

Because you vicariously live through them and all their success. Plus, who doesn’t love looking at pictures of Sydney Leroux calling her baby bump a Chipotle burrito or watching videos of the team do something weird.

10. You fight every day to support the girls and their fight to equal pay.

They deserve it. These lady ballers are so BA and deserve more than two million dollars for winning a World Cup.

11. You feel like you know them on a personal level.

You've watched every single documentary a million times. You watch all their behind-the-scene youtube videos. Not only do you know their stats on the field, but you know their whole life bio. That's right Abby, I know your first name is Mary. You think they're the funniest people on the planet, and you talk about them to other people like you personally talk to them everyday.

12. You will never meet a more dedicated fan.

USWNT fans will watch any game at any time. Through the best of times, and through the worst of times, the USWNT fans will always be there 'til the end. We love you!