They Never Said It Would Be Easy

They Never Said It Would Be Easy

But I can tell you one thing, someday it will be worth it.

147
They Never Said It Would Be Easy
unsplash.com

I cannot tell you how many tears I have shed over the things and people I thought would be in my life forever. I cannot tell you how many times I have questioned if it all was worth it. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to just go home and leave college behind because it was too damn hard and I didn’t think I could get through it. I can’t tell you how many times I thought I wasn’t going to be able to get out of bed because it was a bad day. I can’t tell you how many times I had to try and be strong for someone else even though I couldn’t be that strong for myself.

But somehow, you learn to get through it all. Despite how shitty the situation may seem and you feel like you won’t be able to survive it, you do. You wipe your tears and find the people who want to be a part of your life. You go to class and try your hardest for that degree because you know you wouldn’t be happy doing any other job. You call your parents just to hear that little piece of home to get you through another week. You crawl out of bed, put on your lipstick and conquer another day because you are damn lucky you have another day to enjoy. You do your best to be that friend who is the shoulder to cry on and the one people rely on but don’t forget that it's OK to cry too.

You have to realize that nothing seems to come easy. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Everyone would be that best friend. Everyone would stay in your life forever. Everyone would be in love. Everyone could do the job they have wanted to do since they were seven. Everyone would be out there becoming doctors and saving lives. Everyone would be supporting the homeless. World peace would exist. But that’s the thing, it isn’t easy.

Life is complicated and messy. Life is about the challenges you face and learning to try your best to conquer the disasters life throws at you. Life isn’t easy; but I can tell you one thing though, it’ll be worth it. I promise.