'The Wayward Daughters Academy' Campaign

This campaign is meaningful to both of the women who created it and the women it helps.

63
HITFIX

As I have written before, the Supernatural cast loves giving back to the community. I have written about Jared's 'Always Keep Fighting' campaign and the different branches of the campaign such as, 'I Am Enough', but now it's the ladies turn.

Two of the women of Supernatural, Kim Rhodes and Briana Buckmaster, who both play female cops on the show, started the campaign called 'The Wayward Daughters Academy'. 'The Wayward Daughters Academy' was created to help support 'Random Acts' a nonprofit started by Misha Collins. 'The Wayward Daughters Academy' campaign was also created to help support the work both women have put into helping homeless and at risk women.

"Wayward Daughters is a collaboration and we elected to support Random Acts. I have personal reasons for this as well. I have been wayward much of my life. Often it was by choice, opting to belligerently pursue the road less traveled because it led someplace I shouldn't go. Other times it was by failure and I'd wind up sitting alone among the metaphorical thorn bushes, weeping and hoping for guidance. Or at least an end to the self-inflicted pain. I was judged, I was scolded, I was silenced, I was mocked, I was ignored... but there was only one thing that ever brought me home. An act of kindness. It costs me nothing to be kind. It gives me everything. And practicing kindness now includes how I treat myself. I still identify as wayward. But we all do, don't we? A little? So supporting Random Acts seems a pretty logical thing for Wayward Daughters to do."
-Kim Rhodes

"Wayward Daughters supporting Random Acts seems like a pretty obvious pairing to me. The movement behind Wayward daughters is inspired by the idea that we are all capable of finding our greater selves. Every set-back, every time we fall, it gives us new opportunity to rise up. But doing it alone can be tricky. That’s why we need to band together to support each other. To be there to lend a hand when one of us is feeling too weak. My dream for Wayward daughters is that it becomes a symbol to silently say “Go. Be you. I've got your back”. Random Acts is the perfect embodiment of such words. They are there to not only help you, but to also teach and encourage you to help others. They are an incredible charity and I am truly grateful and humbled to have an opportunity to help them."
-Briana Buckmaster