The US Is Breaking Records

The US Is Breaking Records

On October 1st, 2017 a lone gunman opened fire on a country music concert in Las Vegas, NV.

24
The US Is Breaking Records
flickr.com

On October 1st, 2017 a lone gunman opened fire on a country music concert in Las Vegas, NV from what seemed to be from everywhere. While he was in a hotel room with 10 other rifles by his side, no one knew where to run or who to hide from. Can you imagine feeling so boxed in that you just try to hide and pray you don't get hit? Can you even... imagine?

Here are the facts.

All weapons obtained by Stephen Paddock were obtained legally. His semi-automatic weapon was converted to a fully automatic weapon through a kit found online - easily. No ledger was kept by any store keeping track that so many weapons were bought by one person.

Why are these weapons able to be obtained legally? Are we a war-torn country?

Why are these kits able to be obtained legally? Who needs to fire an AR-15 at machine gun speeds?

Why is no record kept of guns bought by each person in the US?

Why are several suitcases of weapons being able to be carried up 32 floors by a single person into a hotel room?

Where was room service? Where was floor security? Where was hotel security?

Why are background checks so lenient? Do you want to talk about Australia's gun ban, or Japan's strict policy when purchasing a weapon? Why is it easier to get 14 weapons to commit the US' deadliest mass shooting than it is for someone to get an abortion? Why?

This could have been prevented. Simply put.

I am not a fan of banning all guns. I am not a fan of ripping the 2nd amendment to shreds. I'm a Texan and I believe in our right to protect our family from threats on my property and I am all in favor of concealed carry. I honestly believe that statistics show that there are more good people with guns than bad people with guns but when a mass shooting that kills 59 people could have been prevented, there is an issue.

I am triggered, no pun intended. I saw a raw video of bodies dead on the ground, blood strewn concrete floor and wide soul-less eyes. I heard people screaming screams I will hear in my nightmares.

I don't care about your 2nd amendment arguments. I don't care that guns don't kill people, and people kill people. I don't care that my chances of getting shot in 2017 are slim to none.

Their chances were slim to none, and now 59 of them are now dead.

This could have been prevented, and your "weapon fetish" or lack thereof and your "people kill people arguments and your criminals will find a way to kill if they see fit" doesn't console any family, and it doesn't solidify your insensitive argument. Tell that to the families dead, not me in response to MY article. I'm angry, and if you aren't then either you don't care enough or you aren't paying attention.