What Having A Threesome Is Really Like
relationships

What Having A Threesome Is Really Like

Threesome Expectations Vs. Reality?

1495
What Having A Threesome Is Really Like

Looking to invite a third party into the bedroom? You may want to reconsider. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but threesomes are not anything like they are portrayed in television and movies. Here, I put six of the biggest myths about threesomes to bed.

1. Expectation: Everyone will have fun!

Reality: Ehhh someone will always feel left out. Often, two people will get hot and heavy, leaving the third person to feel left out.

2. Expectation:  We'll just wing it.

Reality: Yeah you need to set clear boundaries and plan it ahead of time. The last thing you want is for anyone, including yourself, to feel uncomfortable, jealous, or pissed off mid-coital.

3. Expectation:  You'll never want to go back to two-person sex again.

Reality: Nope one person is definitely enough. Threesomes are just not the same as they lack intimacy.

4. Expectation:  It will be stimulating to be continuously multitasking. 

Reality: It is way too fucking hard and complicated. You will have to thrust both hands wildly about and work your mouth all times, whether it be moaning or occupied.

5. Expectation:  It will be 2 women and 1 guy. 

Reality: Umm that is not always true. Enough said.

6. Expectation:  This won't affect my relationship with these people. 

Reality: Yeah no it totally will. If you have a threesome with your BFF and her partner, you may never be able to shake the visual of them getting it on. Plus, it can stir trouble when your BFF thinks her partner likes you more now.

Bottom line: Threesomes can be amazing, however, they are not for everyone. And, if they are not planned accordingly, it can be a horrendous experience.