The Pitiful State Of Philadelphia Sports Teams

Disappointing fans since 2008.

160

Being a Philadelphia sports fan tries the soul. Those who are loyal enough to stand by teams after many years of disappointment and heartbreak are the ones who have sacrificed the most and have shed the most tears over teams that have failed to produce for so many years, other than a few special cases. I’m going to write about each team and how they’ve disappointed me and made my life harder just because I was rooting for them.

Philadelphia Eagles

By far my favorite franchise from Philadelphia, the Eagles were the best team in the NFC for the better part of six years in the beginning of the century. However, over the last 10 years, they have failed to produce anything except a few playoff victories. It’s typical of the Eagles to do well during the regular season and then fizzle out during the playoffs and crush the hopes of the fans.

Philadelphia 76ers

The 76ers have been the worst team I’ve ever seen. They have won less than 50 games in the past three seasons and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. The team hasn’t been good since Allen Iverson graced the city with his presence and his skills for the decade he played here and led the team to the finals in the 2000-2001 season. The Sixers are now in full rebuild mode and there isn’t any hope in sight for at least 3 years.

Philadelphia Flyers

The Flyers have been the most consistent sports team in Philadelphia in recent memory. They’ve made the playoffs more often than not and have had a few memorable runs, including being one win away from the Stanley Cup in 2010. While they almost always make the playoffs, they rarely make a big splash in the postseason. They just can’t compete with the powerhouses of the league, but their future might be the brightest of the four major sports teams.