The Numb Feeling

The Numb Feeling

And it never hurts unless you give much thought to it.

45
The Numb Feeling
Tanvi Mona Deshmukh

Do you ever experience something in your life, that seems to remind you that you are alive? Many of us can say that we sometimes go through periods of time feeling numb, confused, and lost, but then something or someone pulls you out of that, and isn’t it mind blowing how that works? How something or someone has that power to pull you back to the surface after feeling as if you were sinking to rock bottom?

The thing about numbness is, it never hurts unless you give much thought to it…like when you’re laying down on your bed, staring blankly up at your ceiling, thinking of where it went wrong for you, and then you realize just how broken you are. You think to yourself, this is what it feels like to be nothing, no one, and so you start to fall into yourself. This goes on for God knows how long until you find that something that inspires you so much, you feel yourself come back to life.

The point is, no matter how numb you may feel, you need to search for it; the thing that will help bring you back to the world because yes, you deserve to be here and yes, you may have been hurting, but you don’t have to remain in that state of brokenness. You owe it to yourself to at least try and attempt to get better, and I know it’s easier said than done, but try. You can’t allow yourself to remain in that numb, you can’t allow yourself to go through this alone, you can’t deprive yourself of the possibility of getting better.

In that moment, that you experience that something or meet that someone, that reminds you that you are alive; you suddenly feel connected to the world a little bit more, don’t you? You feel a little bit more worthy, a little bit more invincible, a little bit more unbreakable…and that’s how you should feel all the time, that’s how you deserve to feel all the time. The world needs people like you; the ones who have been broken, but pushed through and now walk with a smile on their face as if they never even lost themselves.