The Look and Stamina of a President
Politics

The Look and Stamina of a President

An analysis of the first Presidential Debate

18
The Look and Stamina of a President
Conservative Outfitters

In no way should there be any debate on who should be the next president after watching last night's 2016 Presidential Debacle. Lester Holt, the moderator, spent more time interjecting and fact-checking Donald J. Trump while giving Hillary Rodham Clinton the prime opportunity to lie to the nation. Even though the questions were extremely biased and mostly in favor of Hillary, Donald still managed to trump her in the debate, and by trump I definitely mean win. Check the polls, and if you are still uncertain how it is that he won, let me show you.

Let’s talk about Hillary Clinton's "look" that Donald Trump had mentioned that night:

She doesn't have the look. She doesn't have the stamina... To be president of this country, you need tremendous stamina.

Donald Trump's one-liner stirred up controversy. Of course you are probably thinking, "Trump is sexist because of that statement." Wrong.

Hillary's health has been in question over the past few years, but recently, video footage has shown her unable to walk a few feet, coughing up storms, convulsing inexplicably, and of course.... taking a picture with a child while having contagious bacterial pneumonia. For those who claim that it is "sexist" and "ageist" to question her health, recall back to 2008 where Arizona senator and then-presidential candidate, John McCain, was continuously questioned about his health, considering his age at 73.

In my opinion, someone's age and health is important to consider for any position, especially the Commander in Chief. It would be a detriment to ignore Clinton's health because you think it is the "nice" thing to do. Clinton is a public figure and these things matter and qualify under what it means to look like a president and frankly, to be one.

Additionally, it is expected that a presidential candidate show their patriotism for their country. Many candidates and presidents have done this by wearing the flag lapel pin with the exception of, President Barack Hussein Obama, who didn’t show his patriotism until controversy arose. Hillary Clinton has constantly refused to reveal her patriotism- if there is any at all. At countless events including last night's debate, she has shown no representation of the American Flag. In fact, it seems as if her campaign has been all about her and less about America. I mean… supporters of Hillary do shout “Hillary, Hillary, I am with her,” in comparison to Trump’s, where supporters shout, “America, America, make America great again!” Go see for yourself, in none of her rallies or debates has she displayed the American Flag or any allegiance to this country. That really says something, especially about a seasoned politician, don't you think?

Again, in my opinion, the American citizens should always be put first. It should never be about the candidate, but the country in which they could possibly be leading. Refer to the Preamble to the Constitution, if you must.

Furthermore, I find it interesting that Hillary Clinton took the time to call out Donald Trump by saying, “[Trump] has called women pigs, slobs, and dogs,” inferring that he does not like women nor agrees with women's equality. However, I would like to point out that the William J. Clinton Foundation, which Hillary is closely affiliated with (she was the director for years until recently), accepts large and generous donations from countries with extremely poor records on human rights. These countries include; Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, and Oman; all of which have limited rights granted to women. Limited rights meaning laws that permit a husband to assault his wife and children, marital rape, and male guardian approval in order for women to obtain passports, higher education, and divorce. Pretty weird how she always talks so fondly of foreign governments and always advocates for strong relations with the Middle East.

Not to mention, who laughs and cracks jokes during a serious debate? Once or twice is one thing, but constantly appealing to humor is cheap tactic. Not only does she laugh at her own jokes, throws smirks every time Trump, or any opponent, attacks her weaknesses. Nice poker face Hillary and very presidential of you...

In essence, Hillary Clinton has continuously said that she is for women's equality, but her actions show otherwise. The qualities or the look of a president also include actions that correspond with their words and she fails participate with patriotism.

In the final analysis of Hillary’s presidential look, I think a common theme that has trickled throughout her career from the beginning of her campaign to last night’s debate, was her lies. For your kid to lie to you about if he or she took the cookie is one thing, but for someone who is running to be the president of the United States to lie is a whole other ball game. Several fact checking sites were hounding the entire debate like PoliZette. They have debunked twelve lies conducted by Hillary Clinton. Out of the twelve biggest lies found during the debate, one of the most apparent was Hillary's bizarre claims on taxes:

I think it’s time to suggest that the wealthy pay their fair share.

However, PoliZette has found that, "America has the most progressive tax system in the developed world — the top 10 percent contribute over half of all income tax revenue." Clinton also claimed that, "slashing taxes on the wealthy hasn't worked." This is a contradicting statement because Obama hasn't slashed taxes for anyone meaning her plan simply wouldn't anyways. Another bold faced lie was when Hillary said "We've looked at your tax proposals. I don't see changes in the corporate tax rates." However, this is proven untrue. According to Trump's website, it clearly states a plan to lower the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 15 percent.

Donald Trump is not perfect, but he has the look and stamina of the next president of the United States. Aside from policies, what separates him the most from Hillary Clinton is his apparent love for this country, and his passion toward making this country strong, prosperous, protected, and great again. Hillary Clinton should not be the next president of the United States, and last night's debate proved that. With all considered, please use your vote wisely this upcoming November.