The Journey Of A Shy Girl

The Journey Of A Shy Girl

From the seventh grade until now and Christmas presents still freak me out.

439
The Journey Of A Shy Girl
YouTube

I have a problem. I'm extremely shy and socially awkward. I don't talk to people first, even those I've known for years because I'm afraid to bother them. I used to cry on the phone when I had to make a reservation or ask a question because I had to talk to a stranger. Being shy is a serious problem for me and I have been trying to conquer it for ages. My journey to be outgoing started in seventh-grade algebra class.

It was a terribly slow process but I started volunteering to answer questions, whether I was right or wrong. I was wrong most of the time but my test scores and homework scores said otherwise. From that point on, I volunteered to read my stories for english and answering questions most of the time. By the time I got to high school, I had to take my speaking out in class to another level.

Throughout high school, I did the same as middle school but then I started getting up from my seat and asking teachers questions. I never would ask my teachers questions because I was afraid of looking stupid to them. By doing so, I built a relationship with my physics/chemistry teacher and was able to paint a brick in his classroom. Not only this, but I sang in front of people in choir when we had solo auditions and fun singing days. I never got a choir solo but I did get a nice applause during the singing days.

Then, college came and I had to pick up the pace on not being shy. Now, all of my friends think I'm the most outgoing person and I'm surprisingly good at public speaking. However, it's all a lie. I'm a fake. I'm still shy and will always be shy. Especially on Christmas.

I hate opening Christmas presents around people because all eyes are on me and everyone wants to see my reactions to what I'm opening. I always feel like my reactions aren't good enough for the people who bought the presents. It's such a difficult scenario to explain, the life of a shy girl.