It Is Okay To Speak Up About The Issues America Faces

Silence will not bring a change
130

I have felt my heart sink over and over in regards to what is happening in our country and the issues we are facing.

Recently, the shooting in Florida has brought a tragic blow to the families affected and the many other young students involved. This is an event that has affected our country as a whole and it's become a reason why so many people are starting to speak out.

As with any situation such as this, there are going to be debates and arguments about what should be done going forward.

Everyone is going to have their opinions, and everyone will have something to say. Many young people were affected by this event and they are the ones coming forward to ask and fight for a change. I think with a situation like this, it is inspiring to see young people make their voices clear. One of the biggest problems with events like this is that it is not really talked about.

It is complicated. It makes people uncomfortable.

Sometimes people do not really want to have a conversation about it. However, it is too important to ignore. As a young college student, I am learning more and more every day how necessary it is to speak up and stand firm in what you believe.

It is OKAY to want a change after a tragic event such as what occurred in Florida. It is OKAY to speak about that change and express what you feel. The attacks will come and they are hard to ignore but there will always someone who disagrees.

Even with the arguments and debates, it is important to remember to keep speaking. Keep fighting. These students who lost their friends and teachers did not shut down. They are standing up and crying out for help and for a change. Their bravery should be spreading to others who are fearful to say anything in the midst of all the chaos. All we can do is continue to push and fight for the change until the change that we need comes.