Thank You To The Friend Who Came Into My Life At The Right Time

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow." ― William Shakespeare

974
Ashton Beals
"There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger, and live life just a little bit better." -Unknown

Friendships are an interesting thing. Over the past few years, we've all had friends come and go from our lives, especially as we've gotten older. Some friendships will stick, and some will fade. With you it was different, you had always been in my life.I've known you for as long as our mothers have been teaching together and at the time we weren't as close. But then about 6-8 months ago you came into my life again. And for that I thank God.

I have to say that Snapchat was the reason we were brought together. We started going back and forth sending stupid filters to one another and then one of us said "let's start a streak" and well... 200 days later, here we are. I didn't realize honestly we'd be here now and as close as we are now.

God is funny when it comes to "the right timing" from the start we just instantly clicked and it was perfect. As young adults who just turned 21, we both I think struggled to find the right "crowd" so to speak. As 21 year olds, the crowd is mostly people who love to drink and party, and while we did that, neither one of us really thought it was right to do. I was spiraling down a very dangerous path and going through actual hell. Between my grandmother dying, and then my now ex best friend leaving my life and dealing with all the assholes I'd date, I was in a dark place. And though I never wanted to admit it, I wasn't okay and I used alcohol to fill that void.

I wasn't very "lovable" so to speak, however you saw past that and for that I truly and honestly thank you. Thank you for seeing past the ugly in life and realizing that I'm not a bad person. Thank you for honestly and truly bringing me closer to God. My relationship with him wasn't very good, but now it's the best it's ever been.

Thank you for the insane memories we've shared over the course of the past few months. From road tripping to Norfolk, to going to Belle Isle and having probably the weirdest moments of our lives, there has never been a dull moment and of course photo worthy. I don't think we've ever hung out and not taken at least one selfie.

You are one of the most selfless people I've ever met and that's what's going to make you an incredible social worker one day. Your heart is filled with so much love for other people (or dogs, sheep and horses) and for this world. Your mission trip to Haiti was what really made me see that honestly. You have this contagious love for life and I truly admire that.

You are such a beautiful person both inside and out. You never fail to see positive in even the most negative of lights and I honestly love that. God is in your heart and with everything you do, you can definitely see that. You are the person that can walk into a room of people and they automatically smile. You have that way about you that just makes people happy.

Over the past few months you've truly become my best friend. And that's not a label you can just put on anyone. Over these past few months you've brought light back into my life. And not to mention we're both redheads, and are a day apart in birthday's which I still find hysterical.

I'm so glad I'm able to go through life and have a friend like you by my side. I'm blessed to have you (as well as anyone else who's been around you) as a best friend. I pray for you daily that you see the beauty and love that everyone else sees.

I can't wait to see what the future holds in our lives and I can't wait to continue making more amazing memories.

I love you and to prove how much I love you, here is a throwback from junior year of high school when we went to Chincoteague and had those awful yet amazing candy apples with a bad quality camera (you're welcome)