The Clouds After a Storm

The Clouds After a Storm

Perspective is everything.

4
The Clouds After a Storm
Sarah Brooks

I was in a car accident in April.

Walking out to my car after work earlier that day, I had stopped to snap some photos of the sky. Taking in and admiring the view, I realized this beauty was magnified due to the darkness of the storm that had occurred earlier throughout the day.

On my way home that night I was involved in a three-car accident. Thankfully no one was hurt. Except for my car, obviously.

Afterward, I realized that this was one of the 'storms' that would pass through my life. Perspective is everything. Over the last year, many things have unfolded, bringing about a balanced and positive mindset--allowing me to take that setback in stride.

I was able to continue forth in the journey, knowing that everything happens for a purpose; this was just another experience for me to learn, grow, and mature in life.

That experience also made me really appreciate my closest friends and the amazing people I've surrounded myself with in life. I'm truly blessed for the prayers of peace, for dinner shared, and the rides given (not only immediately after the accident, but also the six months following that before I purchased another car this fall).

The car accident was a blessing in disguise. I was able to let go of the past, walking away from the circumstances in life that initially led me to buy this specific car. I focused on the present and my career and took steps toward setting goals that I could achieve in the future. Throughout the accident and since I maintained peace of mind and a positive attitude. Because that moment passed. And this moment shall pass. And life goes on.

And I'm looking forward to some beautiful clouds following the next storm in life.