The ABCs Of Fordham University

The ABCs Of Fordham University

Reflecting on my in-person college experience while coronavirus has forced it to be online.

63
The ABCs Of Fordham University

Are you a current Fordham student, prospective Fordham student, or simply curious about life around Fordham's two campuses? Then here are the ABCs of Fordham University. Get to know your way around.

A. Arthur Ave

live.staticflickr.com

A Fordham staple is Arthur Avenue, also known as the real Little Italy. Arthur Avenue entails lots of Italian restaurants, Delis, and other small businesses such as shops and boutiques. There is great food, great company, and lots of friendly faces to be found here.

B. Barnyard BBQ

The Barnyard BBQ is a Fordham nightlife spot owned and run by Fordham students' beloved Simon.

C. CAB Bingo

Fordham's Campus Activities Board, more commonly referred to as CAB, hosts monthly bingo on campus with amazing prizes. This is one of my favorite things to do on campus, and it really makes you feel like part of a family to see the auditorium fill up with pajama-clad students who simply... want to play bingo.

D. Dealy Hall

upload.wikimedia.org

Dealy Hall stands at the center of Fordham's Rose Hill campus, and it is mostly noteworthy because of the Starbucks inside. But, you will likely have a lot of classes in here, too.

E. Eddie's

upload.wikimedia.org

Edward's Parade is Fordham's green space, and it is nicknamed Eddie's. When Spring comes around, Eddie's fills with students tanning, playing Spike Ball, or just taking an hour or so to relax between classes.

F. Formals

One of my favorite parts of being a student at Fordham is the formals that are hosted by sports teams and clubs. Most often, formals are held at Michaelangelo's on Arthur Ave, and the night entails pizza and an open bar.

G. Global Outreach (GO) Trips

Fordham's Global Outreach trips allow students an opportunity to explore other cultures as well as the political, societal, or economic hardships faced there. This is an amazing opportunity to take part in something bigger than ourselves, and I have heard incredible things from friends of mine who have gotten involved.

H. Howl

Howl at the Moon, or Howl, is another nightlife staple at the Rose Hill campus. This is moreso where upperclassmen tend to congregate.

I.Interdisciplinary 

Fordham requires students to take certain, designated core classes in order to ensure that our learning experience crosses borders and is well-rounded. While these can be tedious, they allow us to explore subjects outside of our regular course of learning.

K. Keating Hall

L. Lincoln Center

M. Martyr's Lawn

N. New York Botanical Gardens

O. O'Hare Hall

P. Pugsleys

Q. Queen's Court

R. Rooftops

S. Spring Weekend

T. The Empire Hotel

U. Urban Plunge

V. Volunteer Work

W. Walsh Gate

X. XC 

Y. Yankee Stadium

Z. Zoo

So, there you have it. These are the ABCs of Fordham, and we are so lucky to be able to call New York our second home.

From Your Site Articles