2016 FSU Football As Told By 'Parks and Rec'

FSU loves football almost as much as Leslie Knope loves Pawnee.

65

Florida State had a high-profile season, chronicled by Showtime’s “A Season With…”. This sounds great, but the pressure landed the Noles 3rd in the ACC, and lost chances of being in the ACC championship. BUT our 9-3 record will land us in a promising bowl game (We hope). Ending the 2016 season ranked 12th overall, the Seminoles showed that no matter the opponent, we always come prepared to fight. Our last season with Dalvin (possibly) and Demarcus, but, there’s no better way to recap the 2016 regular season, than with GIFs. And what better gifs are there than Parks and Recreation gifs? (Office fans, I feel you but let Pawnee shine).

Game 1: Ole Miss- Win

With the game in a neutral site of Orlando, Florida, the Noles had to open the season with a bang. Off to a rocky start in the first half, red-shirt freshman Deondre Francois showed he was here to play this season, leading us to a second half comeback. Starting at 1-0, this gave the Noles a hopeful idea of how the season would play out.

Game 2: Charleston Southern- Win

Charleston Southern had 14 of their players suspended before the first FSU home game. Like this game was even a worry? Break out the victory dance.

Game 3: Louisville- Loss

Going against a Heisman projected QB must have had the team shaking in their cleats because this was not our proudest of moments. With a loss like this, it would make any player cry, but defensive end, Demarcus Walker, said, “You will never see somebody out-hustle, run to the ball, lead, out-work me from now on. … I promise, I promise,” giving the rest of the team the push they need to come back from the terrible loss.

Game 4: USF- Win

A game we should have one by a landslide. BUT a win is still a win, I’ll take it. Sorry Bulls, but Noles always come to win.

Game 5: UNC- Loss

We thought we had it. We were going to win and then the UNC kicker just had to kick a 54 YARD FIELD GOAL! Who does that? Like c’mon really, you had to do us like that? All I can say is that there was not one happy Nole in all of Tallahassee that night.

Game 6: Miami- Win

‘Block at the Rock’. That’s all I am going to say. And one HUMONGOUS thank you to Demarcus Walker. You rock, I love you, never change.

Game 7: Wake Forest- Win

A beautiful end to a beautiful homecoming week. Chance the Rapper, a Saturday night win. What could be better? Coming off a Miami win, what else could go wrong?

Game 8: Clemson- Loss

There was hope. We were so close. 37-34. This was a huge game for us, coming off a bye week. We could have dethroned Clemson’s undefeated record. Francois was sacked in the last two plays of the game, that could’ve given us the win. It’s okay, Clemson lost two weeks later to an unranked Pitt. I hate you, Clemson.

Game 9: NC State- Win

It was a close game, but a win is a win. And thus, started our four-game winning streak.

Game 10: Boston College- Win

45-7, enough said.

Game 11: Syracuse- Win

We took on the Orange, we defeated the Orange. The Noles are on a roll. With the season ending, we only had one thing left on our minds…

Game 12: UF-Win

Nothing better than beating the Gators. A 4-game winning streak in the season, and a 4-game winning streak against the Gators. This is Nole Territory, and we’re never giving it up.