A Thank You To The Boy Who Stayed During My Depression

You held my hand when everything around me was crumbling.

211
Pexels.com

Hey you,

Thanks for staying by my side when I didn’t want to stay myself. You have shown me such a huge amount of love, respect, and inspiration. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be going through such a hard time with someone who is as steady as a rock. Thank you for saying that you love me, because it brings me peace throughout the day.

You have taught me to persevere and keep going. You are one of the only reasons I wake up in the morning and try to go on with my day. You have taught me to love myself despite my flaws. You never give up on me even when I give up on myself. You don't know how much it means to me to know that I have your continual support. You stayed when others have walked away. Not too many people know about depression and the effects it has. You're one of a few, and you choose to stay through it all. You are the light in the darkness. You constantly remind me that you’re here to stay and you’re not going to leave despite the struggle.

Thank you for reminding me that my depression does not define me, that I am more than this. I know its tough to stand tall when the person you care about is crumbling, but you do it without fear.

I’ll never be able to thank you for what you have done and continue to do for me. It takes someone unbelievably strong to hold someone’s hand and guide them through something this tough.

Thank you for being that unbelievably strong person.

I love you.