Progressing Tension At The Mexican Border
Politics

Will History Repeat Itself With The Progressing Tension At The Border?

Activity at the US-Mexican border is ramping up and there are no signs that Trump will withdraw force anytime soon.

126

Thousands of terrified and desperate families lie south of the US-Mexican border praying that President Trump will permit them entry into America.

These past few weeks there has been much chaos at the border with tear gas being used and even some deaths.

America has boasted about its liberties and open arms for centuries so why is that changing now? Trump stereotypes Latinos as lazy, criminals and terrorists. These claims have been placed on all Latinos, and Trump supporters will believe anything the big guy says so now there are millions who truly believe that all Latinos are outlaws.

A majority of Trump's supporters are uneducated and are not even cognizant of what is motivating the thousands of people to seek asylum in the United States.

They don't know that in Mexico, citizens do not have basic human rights and it should only make sense for them to desire access into the most powerful country in the world that has been supporting immigrants for years.

On Friday, in the first wave of up to 15,000 troops that President Donald Trump has said will help secure the southern border, soldiers reinforced the international bridge in Hidalgo that connects Mexico to Texas above the Rio Grande. They will be conducting drills and putting up chain-link fencing topped with barbed wire across the border

This powerful video from the Washington Post concerns Central Americans in a caravan crossing into Mexico from Guatemala and shows the perspective and sensitivity of the people.

If leaders in America were willing to help, they would think of a way to make these changes possible and create new homes and jobs for these immigrants who are only searching for safety.

With temporary border closures, tear gas, lethal forces and recently, immigrant children being relocated to camps in the middle of a desert, could history be repeating itself? What should we expect next?