Why I Tell Guys When I Have Feelings For Them Without Regrets

I'm The Girl Who Tells Guys When I Have Feelings For Them In A Generation Afraid Of Rejection

Sometimes it is just better to get it off your chest.

84
Cecelia Flick

For the longest time, I have always been the type of girl to tell people how I feel. I have always felt as if it could do no harm. Seriously, If they don't like you then you don't want them anyway.

Over this weekend I decided to tell this guy that I have feelings for him. He was leaving to go back to college so I knew it was the perfect time in case things got awkward and if it went well we still had time to hang out. I chose to do it at 11 p.m. so that as soon as I sent it I could turn off my notifications and go to sleep so I wouldn't have to deal with it. However, I did have the whole paragraph already written so all I had to do was copy and paste. If I'm being honest, it didn't go horribly but it was obviously not the response I wanted.

Here's what I sent.

Hey, this is probably really stupid to do and I know you probably don't feel the same but I have this thing where I have to get things off my chest before I can move on. So, I guess here it is. Throughout the time we have been friends I've enjoyed talking to you so much and I started to develop feelings. If you don't feel the same way act like this didn't happen and don't make it awkward.

This is what I got back.

Awww Cece. I don't even really know what to say to this. You're so fun to talk to, but my last girlfriend really hurt me and kinda messed things up and I haven't been able to even think about other relationships. You're awesome and I look forward to us continuing to be friends. And I won't make anything awkward cause I hate when people do that as well. Thank you for telling me all of this though.

I have no clue what this means and I wish I did. This guy is the sweetest, cutest, funniest guy I have ever met and I wish we could have been something. There is still a chance for us, so I don't regret this at all. Our relationship hasn't changed one bit and I thank him for that.

Not all responses can be as good as this one. Trust me, I have done this many many times. But, I am thankful I got a sweet and mature response even though it didn't make me lose feelings. Sometimes, it's just better to tell people how you feel because you never know how they feel and you truly have nothing to lose.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.