Taylor Swift: YOU Need to Calm Down

I know some people are going to feel spicy about the title, but hear me out. This entire beef between Taylor, Scooter, and Scott really should have stayed between them as a label. Am I saying that one party is more in the right than the other? No. I feel like celebrities of any list have gone completely over the line with what they share on the internet. If I did what she did bad mouthing my old boss, spewing hate on my new one, and then made a call to action for all of my friends to verbally attack them....yeah we'd be on the streets henny.

I think the heart of the matter which is the music has suffered because of this public inappropriate use of a platform. I'm not sure what has gone on behind closed doors other between Scooter and Taylor, all I know is that he manages Kanye West and if Taylor cared so much about the whole "Famous" beef to make an entire album about it and the media, she definitely still cares. Having this drama fall back to back with the Kardashian-West's it just seems like a pattern of behavior. "Oops something didn't go my way, I'm mad about it, let me go to the internet and put all of my feelings online." It's honestly so petty. I understand that the media was unfair to her as she grew up around constant criticism her entire childhood, but so have many before her and many after her, it does not excuse poor decision making skills on her end. And for all of those thinking it was some brave/mature decision to take to Tumblr, the woman is TWENTY-NINE years old with a Net Worth of 360 MILLION. She is a smart woman who is no longer writing songs on her bedroom floor, she knew exactly what she was doing. Above all, this is about the art and not the money, but she is GROWN and is historically successful, this bump in the road will not blot her out of time. Handling personal matters publicly not only makes her look childish but it just screams privilege and arrogance.

To be honest, this seems all a bit publicity stuntish to me given the fact that "Lover" comes out so soon. Given the mixed attitudes toward her most recent song "You Need to Calm Down" advocating for LGBTQ+ rights, I wouldn't be surprised if some of her fan base was on the fence about purchasing the entire album. Let's be real, "ME!" was basically a children's song and where has Taylor been when advocating for LGBTQ+ rights wasn't so kosher? Aside, she is an intelligent talented business woman, I just wish she had an ounce of maturity when it came to how she runs her personal brand. She's an influence to a young audience still throughout the world, and I know people think that this whistle-blowesque behavior was "brave" and "strong," but what happened was nothing illegal. Was it unfair, possibly, but it will not be the end of the world. I would be mortified if my child handled a business situation in this sense. This is not an issue of #MeToo, it's an issue of sitting down and working out your differences because sugar will attract more flies than vinegar. If she said everything she felt to Scooter, maybe there would have been a better reconciliation than a media witch hunt. So Taylor, calm down, act your age, and move along.