Fellow snowflakes, are you feeling down about the impending demise of our country? Need a break from protesting, scrolling, sharing, calling, and writing?
Here are ten easy things we can all do that will, for the time being, make us forget.
2. Watch this commercial about gum. It's tough to stay somber when they hit you right in the feels.
3. Pour yourself a massive glass of wine and watch a movie that will make you cry. No - this isn't gender-specific. Anyone can pour themselves a glass of wine and cry. I promise you'll feel a lot better.
4. Do something kind for someone else, that doesn't involve politics. Volunteer at a senior center. Pour them a giant glass of wine, and watch a movie and cry together. Giving back is a sure-fire way of feeling better.
5. Spend an hour watching raunchy stand-up comedy. Here are a couple options to get you started. I'd suggest keeping your sound down if you're within 10 feet of kids.
6. Watch oddly satisfying videos on the internet.
7. Read this uncharacteristically uplifting article by the New York Times about good things that are happening: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/opinion/sunday/...
And then don't read any other news for the rest of the day. At all.
8. Close out of Facebook and shut off your phone. Go for a hike or a walk. Plan a dinner with friends. Surround yourself with the people that make you the happiest. Call your mom. Tell your siblings you love them. Do all the cheesy stuff that will inevitably make you feel good. Give yourself an actual break from the shit storm that is the planet right now - it won't collapse because you took a day off.
9. And remember that you are not alone. Turns out, it's a blizzard, not a snowflake.
10. And then wake up the next day, refreshed, optimistic, vigilant, and in typical blizza fashion, get ready to fight like hell.