30 Things To Do When You're Feeling Sad

30 Things To Do When You're Feeling Sad

"Sadness flies away on the wings of time." - Jean de la Fontaine
22413

We’ve all had those days where nothing seems to go right. Or maybe you just feel down for no particular reason. Life can be hard sometimes, and it’s not always easy to pick yourself back up when you’ve been knocked down. It’s okay to feel sad sometimes, but it’s important to remember that you don’t have to be sad forever. Usually taking a day to relax and evaluate my feelings can help to pull myself out of that funk. Sometimes I just need to spend time with my friends or my significant other to distract myself and lift my spirits a little. The important thing is to find what works for you. For example, you could try…

1. Eat something sweet

Who doesn't love a sweet treat after a crummy day?

2. Buy the first book you see at a bookstore.

You might find something you never would have picked up otherwise.

3. Dance to loud music.

Nothing like an emergency dance party to brighten your day.

4. Go outside.

A little fresh air never hurt anybody.

5. Call a friend or loved one.

Talking to someone you love might be just what you need to feel better.

6. Write down things you are thankful for.

Though today seems bad, there is always something to be thankful for.

7. Cook a recipe you've always wanted to try.

Let out your inner chef and try something new!

8. Go to your local animal shelter.

I don't know anyone who has felt worse after playing with puppies and kittens.

9. Lie down and take deep breaths while you burn a candle.

Take this time to think about your feelings and come to terms with them.

10. Go through your old clothes and donate them.

You can help others while you purge!

11. Drink something warm.

A good cup of cocoa or tea always makes me feel a little better.

12. Make a fort out of blankets and pillows.

Okay, who doesn't love a good blanket fort?

13. Plan a slumber party with your best friend(s).

There's nothing like a good, old-fashioned slumber party.

14. Watch your favorite movie.

Your favorite film can be the perfect pick-me-up.

15. Cover yourself in soft things.

Grab your softest blanket, some fuzzy socks, and your most comfortable pajamas and relish in the fuzziness.

16. Do some yoga.

Yoga can help stretch your body as well as clear your mind.

17. Hug someone you love.

A good hug can turn your whole day around.

18. Play an old video game.

Break out that old gaming console collecting dust and put it to good use. Enjoy the nostalgia.

19. Take a long bath or shower.

Relax and comfort your tired body with a warm bath or shower.

20. Find something pretty to put in your room.

Our mood can be affected by the environment around us, so make your environment beautiful!

21. Take a nap.

A good nap can help you feel refreshed after a long day.

22. Find a new TV show to watch.

Get out of your TV rut and find something new to binge.

23. Go for a walk.

Get a little exercise and enjoy some fresh air.

24. Look for shapes in the clouds.

It could be a bunny, or it could be a dragon. It's up to you!

25. Watch a YouTube video that made you laugh.

Remember that cat video that had you in stitches? Now is a great time to look it up again!

26. Go to a museum.

This is a good opportunity to get a change of scenery and to learn something new.

27. Go to a thrift store and buy the weirdest item you find.

Great entertainment you and an even better conversation piece.

28. Go out with friends.

Whether it's a night at the club or a lunch date, get out and have some fun with your friends!

29. Have an at-home spa day.

Pamper yourself a little and try some home-made face masks or give yourself a pedicure.

30. Write down ten reasons you love yourself.

Remember that no matter how awful today seems: there is always hope for a better tomorrow.