Take Time To Focus On Yourself

Take Time To Focus On Yourself

What gives you purpose?

13
Take Time To Focus On Yourself
greatist.com

This life can be crazy, beautiful, messy, hectic, and stressful. Too often, we spend a lot of time worrying about everything going on around us, in our lives and others'. We forget to take care of ourselves, even think about ourselves. It is more than okay to focus on yourself, especially when you neglect yourself more often than not. Here are four simple ways to focus more on yourself in your daily life.

1. Set goals and really work for them.

I can speak to the truth of this. Write down realistic goals and make strides each and every day to accomplish them. Whatever it may be: creating and keeping a tidier room/work space and working each day to declutter it; signing up for a 5K and training hard to beat your last time; work hard and you will accomplish it. Be confident and be positive, and you will get there!

2. Be more present in your daily actions.

I understand how hard this can be, because I struggle with this like anyone would. I constantly worry about what could go wrong, what might go wrong, and what I'm not doing right. I am doubtful, and not always paying attention to all the tasks at hand. Being more aware of what is happening in the moment will allow you to relax and give all of your attention to the present!

3. Take time to slow down.

Life is fast, and it's tough to find time for yourself. But if you have five minutes to scroll through social media, you have five minutes to slow down and be just by yourself. Focus on your breathing and just be.

4. Live purposefully.

The best way to focus on you is finding yourself in your actions. If you feel like you are the best you in your moments of kindness, live each day with kindness! If you fall in love with volunteering and seeing joy in others, do more of that. Find what you love and what makes you feel like you are truly living, and do more of it.

You are more than enough, and you deserve to value yourself. Find yourself and love yourself.