Ode To Self-Care

Ode To Self-Care

Welcome to the journey of radical self-love.

15
Ode To Self-Care
Kaique Rocha

My goal in 2017 is to fall in love with everything that I am. Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself. It produces positive feelings, which improves confidence and self-esteem. We need to balance the stress and activity of daily life with activities that bring a sense of peace and well-being to our minds and bodies. Be addicted to bettering yourself...constantly. Could you imagine being so at peace that nothing,literally NOTHING, could steal your joy? That's the type of peace of mind I'm reaching for.

1. Start your day with positive affirmations.

Most people do not realize that thinking about something good or bad is inviting the essence of that something into their experience. All my thoughts are lavender and pastel green

2. Put on some music and dance.

Just like Meredith and Christina on "Grey's Anatomy" when things got hard.

3. Go for a run or long walk.

Your health and well-being is so much more than just eating right and working out. Your mental health is easily just as important. If working out is your thing, kill two birds with one stone. Take care of your physical health while also using this as an outlet to clear your head and elevate your mental well-being.

4. Enjoy the little things.

Don't ignore the small blessings. Every blessing is truly enormous. Treat them as such.

5. Spend sometime in the shine.

While you are enjoying that, discover the balance between what your mind knows and what your heart wants. It's important to know your feelings and self-worth in different places. Because when feelings get hurt, it shouldn't change the view of yourself.

6. Do something creative.

Writing or drawing your feelings each day is free therapy. Or you could always tap into your childhood and grab a coloring book and pack of Crayolas.

7. Put on some music and just LISTEN.

The positive feelings evoked by music can be powerful. Listening to familiar songs can overwhelm us with positive feelings. So put on your go-to album and just vibe out.

8. Have a de-clutter session.

If it doesn't add value to your life, you have to learn to let it go. This doesn't only pertain to relationships but possessions as well. There is nothing wrong with outgrowing friends, relationships, environment and habits. You are meant to elevate, not stay the same.

9. Make a Gratitude List.

It is during times of profound irritation that gratitude lists have the most salutary impact on my life. There is always something to be grateful for, no matter what was going on in my life.

10. Unplug. Turn off your phone and step away from the laptop.

Powering down for a period of time provides opportunity to reset and refocus appreciation and gratitude for the lives we have been given. Solitude is harder to find in an always connected world. Solitude grounds us to the world around us. Take some time to power down and see that life at its best is happening right in front of you.

Always remember that anything that cost you your peace is too expensive. Consider becoming the type of energy that no matter where you go or where you are, you always add value to the spaces and lives of those around you. So here's to a year of realizing our worth, demanding the respect we deserve, and cutting off anything that brings negativity into our lives.