What You Should Be Doing Over Summer

This is Your Summer Wake-Up Call to embrace the rest of summer

Rise and shine!

76
Alexis Collins

There's only a little over a month left in your summer and what did you do with it? Did you travel the world? Or did you sit on your couch? Did you see your friends you haven't seen in a year? Or did you follow the same old routine? Did you read all of the books you've been adding to your list all year? Or did you scroll aimlessly through social media for hours on end?

I've found that year after year, I have such high hopes for my summer and always end up falling short of my dream. My plans to see my friends back home or take a cross-country road trip always get interrupted by whatever excuse I can come up with when it comes down to it.

Whether you are decidedly broke, busy, or tired, it's still not too late to make the most of your last couple weeks before you go right back to being overwhelmed with schoolwork.

So this is your wake-up call.

You still have so much time to fully embrace the rest of your summer, but you have to start now. No more "I'll try again next week" or "I'll get up in five more minutes." This is one of your final chances to enjoy your summer while we are still young and actually get at least some time off in the summer.

In a few years, we will be working the same jobs year round and will wish that we had taken advantage of this time while we had it. I know that many of us have internships and jobs and are taking summer classes, but there is still so much time left to be taken advantage of.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been told to take advantage of this time and I have simply blown it off, thinking I was handling this time just fine. But as my friends are graduating and moving across the country, I wish that I had made the most of the time they were here.

This is to remind you that we only have this time once. Your nap can wait and $3 for an ice cream cone while seeing one of your oldest friends is not the dumbest thing you've ever spent your money on, nor will it ever be.

I promise that in the long run, it will all pay off. All of the sleepless nights, the breaking of your bank account and the time spent investing in yourself will be worth it. I know that we all constantly feel like we're pressed for time, but there is almost always time to take a step back and do what you truly want to do.

We have the rest of our lives to spend summers working away in air-conditioned rooms while staring at the clock calculating how many minutes until it's time to leave. When our days will be filled with responsibilities that we simply cannot ignore and our nights are filled with trying to spend at least a little time relaxing.

You can lay on your couch for hours, but remember that there is only a month until we head back and free time is at an all-time low.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web