A Starter Pack For A Healthy And Motivated Summer

186
weilos.com

This summer I am trying to revamp my health routine. I have been working harder in an aim to look and feel better. Since starting this journey, I have come across a couple books and other products that have been helpful to me and are worth sharing with others.

Eat Pretty

I recently received Jolene Hart's "Eat Pretty" as a birthday gift, and I cannot put it down! Jolene Hart was a journalist and beauty editor for various international magazines and had every beauty product at her fingertips. However, with all these products at hand, Hart still didn't look and feel amazing. So, she came up with the Eat Pretty method that puts a focus on making the body pretty based on what you put in your body, not on it.

I have learned plenty since beginning the book. I have learned about Eat Pretty foods, their benefits and how to incorporate them into my every day diet. For example, coconut oil boosts metabolism, boosts the absorption of other nutrients in the body and helps to create flawless skin. You can throw coconut oil in your stir-fry, in a smoothie or even in the mix for your favorite baked treat. I have loved these tips as well as recipes in the book and finding out when different Eat Pretty foods are in season.

Fitlosophy Fitspiration Journal

I bought my Fitlososphy Fitspiration journal a couple of weeks ago at Target. I love the journal because it keeps me accountable and focused on my goals. Every morning I wake up and write down three things I am grateful for, a goal for the day and something I appreciate about my body. On the lined space to the right, I record my weight, what I have eaten that day, and my workouts. It also has a fit tip every day and an inspirational quote, these both keep me learning and motivated.

Kayla Istines Bikini Body Guide

I heard about the Kayla Istines Bikini Body Guide (BBG) some time ago when a few of my friends started the program. But just a few weeks ago, I finally started to use the BBG myself. I wanted to have a more focused and exact workout plan, and BBG delivered on that. I love the twelve week BBG plan because it contains three focused circuit days a week, suggests cardio for three days, and stretching on another day. The workout guides are separated into legs and cardio, arms and abs, and full body. I separate each circuit day by a cardio day to give my body a well deserved break. I am only two weeks in, but man do I feel the burn already. I suggest this workout guide for anyone who likes/needs structure in their workout routine.

Hydro Flask

Hydro Flask is a brand that I had never heard of until I went to Hawaii. Everyone has a Hydro Flask in Hawaii. Essentially, Hydro Flask is a brand of water bottles and other cups that keep beverages to temperature. The brand promotes that drinks in their bottles stay cold for up to twenty-four hours and hot for up to six hours.

I can definitely say that a Hydro Flask is one of the better purchases I have made. If I fill my Hydro Flask up with water and ice in the morning, there will still be ice in it at the end of the day. I have found my Hydro Flasks (yes, I have a few) incredibly helpful in making sure I stay hydrated in the summer heat.

Lululemon Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Crew

Seriously, the best workout top I have ever purchased. This shirt makes me feel comfortable and confident when I am working out. It has a perfect stretch and breathe to it, so I can barely feel the shirt on me. If I could have the shirt in every color I would, but for now two shirts will have to do.