10 Ways To Relieve Stress

10 Ways To Relieve Stress

Everyone struggles with stress in school, don't let it get to you.

26
10 Ways To Relieve Stress
Athrucoaching

Crying at 3 o'clock in the morning about a term paper is a common result of stress. College is one of the most stressful times of anyone's life, but stress will always be present in your life. Most likely there is someone else struggling and stressing over the same thing that you are. Stress can take a physical and mental toll on the body. Make sure you don't stress eat or stress drink, it can cause problems down the road. Instead try these tips to help reduce your stress.

1. Drink some tea

Tea is scientifically tested to relieve stress. Why do you think the British are always so calm?

2. Go exercise

Exercise is also scientifically tested to relieve stress. It releases chemicals to the brain to make you feel happy. The brain releases endorphins which is a painkiller to reduce stress.

3. Hang out with friends

Friends can always get your mind off of anything. Whether they take you out to get food or drinks, they can always help. Most of the time your friends are stressing too.

4. Meditate/ try yoga

Yoga and mediation are made for centering the body and relaxing. It is the best stress reliever. Colleges and local gyms usually offer yoga classes. If not, Wii and other online option help too.

5. Take nap

As a child, napping was the top technic your parents used if you were cranky. Great news! Napping becomes your best friend again in college minus the binky.

6. Write

Write what you're stressed about. This is helpful if you have no one to talk to at the moment. Writing everything down is like talking to someone. You may be talking to paper but it will be a better listener than most people. Write a story or write a letter, it will help.

7. Listen to music

Listening to music is also scientifically proven to reduce stress. Listening to music that you enjoy decreases the hormone that causes stress. Music can create different emotions to get your mind off of stress. Hospitals use music to calm patients with high anxiety, if it works in a hospital, it will work at college.

8. Talk to someone

Talking to someone can help with anything. Talking about your stress will surprisingly relieve the stress. It won't make what your stressed about go away, but someone could give you insight on how to manage the stress.

9. Take a deep breath

BREATHE! Taking a deep breathe or a few calms the nerves. Breathe until you are calm. Believe it or not, breathing has the same effects as meditation or yoga.

10. Play a game

Just another way to get your mind off of what you are stressing about. You might start stressing about the game, but the game will be over soon and you'll forget about what you were stressing about before. Anything to get your mind off of stress.