Steve Kerr Not A Fan Of This Year's All Star Voting

Dissapointed sounds about right.

1

This season’s All-Stars have been selected and based on the results, people aren’t happy with some of the players that were voted for. One of people being head coach of the Golden State Warriors and the head coach for the West All-Stars this year Steve Kerr, who voiced his problems with the voting on Monday.

“I am very disappointed in the players,” Kerr said. “They’ve asked for a vote and a lot of them just made a mockery of it.” 50 percent of the votes are from the fans, 25 percent are from the media, and 25 percent are from the players.

According to the Mercury News, players like Mo Williams and Ben Simmons were voted into the All-Star game despite not playing a single game this season. Also, Grizzlies’ guard Tony Allen voted for Luke Babbit and Michael Beasley. “I saw all the guys who got votes” Kerr said. “There were 50 guys on there who had no business being there…If you’re going to give the players a vote, they should take it seriously.” According to NBA Writer Alex Kennedy, 128 players didn’t vote for Cavaliers forward LeBron James and 154 players did not vote for Warriors forward Kevin Durant.

Kerr doesn’t know what the answer is to solve the problem with All-Star voting. “There’s always going to be worthy players left out of the starting lineup, left out of the roster entirely. It’s the same thing every year, and I don’t know what the perfect answer is.”