What The Word Mother Means To Me

What The Word Mother Means To Me

There's not enough thank yous in the world that could express my gratitude, but this is a start.

262
What The Word Mother Means To Me

The word mother, among many other words that relate to it like mom or mama, has so many different meanings depending on who you are and what you've experienced. To me, the word mother holds a special place in my heart because of the badass woman that raised me. To me, mother means tough, selfless, caring, resilient, helpful, a best friend, inspiring, comforting, hard working, loving, knowledgeable, among other things that are more feelings and can't be put into words. My mother is all of these things and more. If I can be half the woman that she is, I know I will be an amazing person. I know that's so cliche of me to say, but I truly mean it. This woman stepped up to take on both roles of parenthood to ensure that I had a good life, and I wouldn't be where I am today without her. She gave up furthering her education so she could provide the love and support I needed as a child, and she often worked more than one job to make sure I had what I needed and always made sure I was taken care of before she did things for herself. No matter how much we fought or had disagreements, in the end, she just wanted what was best for me. When I really reflect on all the things my mother has done for me and continues to do for me, it makes me realize just how much she loves me. While my family situation wasn't always ideal, it helped me and my mother form a deeper connection, and for that I am grateful. I couldn't picture a life without my mother as a big part of it.

With all that said, I have come to realize I often don't take enough time to reciprocate the love my mother has shown me. So, to my mother, thank you. Thank you for all you have done for me and keep doing for me. Thank you for doing everything you could to make sure my life flourished and grew. Thank you for making up for what my other parent sometimes lacked. Thank you for sacrificing parts of your life so that you could be a part of mine. In the end just thank you for being you, because without you I don't know where I'd be. I love you.