This is an ongoing debate and has been for years. Dutch Bros become popular when I was in high school so over three years ago. Though, Starbucks has been around for quite a long time. I am going to stop the debate over this once and for all.
THEY CANNOT BE COMPARED. Here's why.
First of all, their cultures are very, very different. Because of this, their target segments also differ drastically. Dutch is going for the younger crowd such as middle school, high school and college students. Their culture is upbeat, fun and "chill." Starbucks, on the other hand, is more quiet and sophisticated. This is the place where you go and do homework while Dutch is good for the other all nighter nights before an exam.
Next, though they technically have similar products, lattes, mochas, energy, etc., their products are totally different. Some say that Starbucks has higher-end coffee beans and that's why their products are so good however, most people don't even know that they have that. Dutch Bros' drinks are very sweet, all of them. The espresso drinks are geared toward the people don't like the taste of actual coffee because they taste like milkshakes and things of that sort. In addition, Dutch offers Rebels, which Starbucks doesn't have anything that compares. They have the Refreshers but they are not comparable product wise.
Finally, Dutch Bros is cheaper than Starbucks. Many people go to Starbucks for only the status message that they are sending by walking around with the cup with the green logo on it. Each coffee shop chooses which attributes they want to advertise on and which are not important to them. They have chosen separate aspects of their companies to differentiate themselves. Because of this, they are not even in competition with each other.
Overall, Dutch Bros and Starbucks are two separate companies that target different people and sell different products. There are too many differences between the two to even say that one is ultimately better than the other. Starbucks may succeed at things that Dutch doesn't and vice versa. There are many people like me who purchase from both coffee shops throughout the week just to switch it up and get variety in the week.
THERE. The debate is over. They are both great coffee shops with a ton of business every day.
- 7 Types Of Workers You Meet At Dutch Bros ›
- 8 Awesome Coffee Shops Near ASU That AREN'T Starbucks Or ... ›
- I Give My Money To Starbucks, But I Will Always Give My Heart To ... ›
- We All Love Coffee, But Let's Chat About Chai ›
- Dutch Bros Rules As King Of Coffee Above Peasants Such As ... ›
- This Map Shows Where Every Coffee Chain Dominates in America ... ›
- Pro/Con: Wake up! Students debate favorite java – Brophy Roundup ›
- What's a better coffee place, Starbucks or Dutch Bros? - Quora ›
- how do y'all feel about Dutch Bros? : starbucks ›
- Why Dutch Bros Coffee 'bro-istas' are so much happier than your ... ›
- Dutch Bros vs. Starbucks – ROAR ›
- Manic Monday Coffee Rush Test: Starbucks or Dutch Bros Coffee ... ›
- Starbucks Vs. Dutch Bros. Blind Taste Test – The Orion ›
- Coffee Lovers, Keep An Eye On Dutch Bros. They Just Got A Big ... ›
- Starbucks Vs. Dutch Bros. Blind Taste Test - YouTube ›