We All Love Coffee, But Let's Chat About Chai

Why chai trumps coffee every time.

7824
Unsplash

College kids love coffee. We talk about coffee all the time. We basically treat it like fuel, allowing us to function through every class period. So much coffee. But what if you don't like coffee? Or what if you, like me, find that coffee is just a little too much caffeine for our anxiety-filled bodies to handle? We need an alternative and what better place to start than tea?

There are many teas out there, but, personally, I feel there is nothing better than chai. Chai is amazing however you serve it. I love a good chai latte, and here are some of my personal favorite types of chai and where to get them.

1. Einstein Bros. Hot Oregon Chai

Einstein's Oregon chai is great because it's got a lot of spice. If you are in the mood for some strong and spicy tea, this is your place.

2. Starbucks Hot Chestnut Praline Chai Tea Latte

Starbucks does have pretty good plain chai, but this chai is better. It has a unique nutty taste that is so tasty. When you drink chai as much as I do, you have to find ways to change it up.

3. Dutch Bros. Golden Eagle Chai

AMAZING. If you like blended coffee, but don't like coffee, this is it. It's like a chai frappuccino with caramel and whipped cream. I think this is my personal favorite.

4. Starbucks Iced Chai Latte

Good old iced chai. I suggest getting it with light ice so you get more chai in your cup. This is usually my go-to on busy mornings.

5. Dutch Bros. Christmas Morning Chai

Again, Dutch Bros. blended chai drinks are fantastic. This one has white chocolate and is most definitely not just for Christmas. Every morning is Christmas morning with this drink. Yum!

6. Peet's Dirty Chai Latte

Dirty chai, is regular chai with a kick. The dirty part is the espresso. How scandalous. This is for when you really really need the caffeine.

7. Dutch Bros. French Toast Chai

Yep. Like I said, it's good. This one has brown sugar and cinnamon flavor. SO GOOD.

8. Dutch Bros. Horchata Chai

Caramel, white chocolate, and cinnamon. Need I say more?

9. Starbucks Lightly Sweet Chai Tea Latte

For those looking for a chai that's a little less sweet, here you go. I like the sweet, but if you don't this is your kind of drink!

10. Peet's Pumpkin Spice Chai

Everyone needs some pumpkin spice in their life. Whether it's fall or not, Peet's has some good pumpkin spice chai.

So go! Find your favorite way to drink chai! Coffee is great and all, but chai is better. It's better for your health and while caffeine may keep you awake, it's really not all that good for you. Make the jump. Once you try chai, you'll never go back to coffee again!