Social Media Makes It Impossible To Break Up With Your Ex

Out of sight out of mind.

243

Breaking up with a person used to be so much simpler. You could just end it and basically, never have to see them again except for maybe an awkward run-in on the street. You could get calls from your ex, but you didn't have to pick up and that was essentially the extent of it.

Today, social media makes it impossible to break up with your ex.

And this sucks. You see them all over social media. New Instagram post, new tweet or god forbid you end your Snapchat streak. You see them everywhere even though you aren't in person. It is so hard to completely break up with someone when they are still somehow part of your life. It feels so wrong, but at the same time, it feels wrong to just unfollow and block them. For some reason, it is hard to end the Snapchat streak or hit the block button.

It shouldn't be hard to block them.

I feel that a lot of people (myself included) think that when you do the social media block, it's really over. It's so hard to do it. If you're going back and forth about blocking your recent ex, do it. I know it's so hard but it is so worth it. When they say "Out of sight, out of mind" it really is the truth. It feels so good.

If you don't want to block them, do it. I know you want to flex on your ex with a hot Instagram post, but the best way to show that is to not have them involved in your life anymore. They aren't worthy of seeing what you're up to. Be great on your own and for you. You're on the come up even when this feels like hell. I promise you there will come a day when you will be able to unblock them. It may be months, but the time will come.

You will have made peace and you just won't care about them anymore.

The sweetest revenge is simply not caring about them anymore. It's not the hot selfie, the new romance or showing off on your Snapchat story. It is the fact that you just don't care about them anymore. But to do that, you have to get over them first and to do that, you have to hit that block button. Do it for yourself.