Snow When You Were A Kid Vs. Now

Snow When You Were A Kid Vs. Now

Snow changes with age

36
Snow When You Were A Kid Vs. Now
Fandom

When we were kids, the best part of December was always looking out the window and seeing the snow flakes falling from the sky and watching it pile up on the yard. We knew that our whole day would be us playing outside in the backyard. We especially loved the snow when it would happen on a school day and causing schools to cancel. But that was all when we were little, now the snow is a total hassle. I thought that I would always love the snow, which I still do, but I'm more hesitant about it now. Here are six things that change when we got older.

1. Playing in the snow vs. Driving in the snow

Playing in the snow was the highlight of the day. We let our imagination wander and followed it where it led us. Whether it was building a snowman, making a snow angle, or building a fort we enjoyed it. Of course we didn't have licenses when we were kids so driving was never an option. Now if our parents ask us to get something from the store or we have to go to work guess who's driving? That's right, us. Driving in the snow is the most stressful thing ever. We have to be extra careful and more observant of your surroundings. Honestly, I'd rather not drive.

2. Going outside

If we wanted to go outside, our parents would always make sure we had layers upon layers until you looked like the Michelin man with our cool colored snow pants. But we were always warm. Now if anyone plans on going outside, God be with you because you will freeze! We don't have snow pants anymore, we have jeans. Of course, our jeans are going to get all wet and cold.

3. Falling in the snow

Fell in the snow? No problem! We wore the best snow pants to brace the winter when we were kids. Fell in the snow as an adult? I am so sorry. You're gonna be cold all day. And if you were walking to class and fell, I'm sorry you're gonna have to sit through the whole class cold and wet and just uncomfortable.

4. School cancellations

Loved loved LOVED when school was cancelled because of the snow. Even if it was a delay we still got to sleep in. When school was cancelled we could do whatever we wanted. We would plan the whole day the way we wanted it. School cancellations in college? Yeah right! We have to walk through the tough winds and snow flying in our faces with determination to get to class. Just remember that we are paying for our education. Use that as motivation!

5. Snow day activities

As kids, our activities would be playing out in the snow making all the classic snow items. Snow day activities now? Netflix, popcorn, hot chocolate, and wearing pajamas. In my opinion, perfect way to spend the snow day!

6. Snow falling when you're outside

It was a beautiful moment when we would play outside and suddenly snow was falling from the skies. We would stick our tongues out and try to catch the snow flakes. Snow falling when you are walking to class? Ugh just let me get to my room first!